The impact of brand authenticity on brand trust and SME growth: A CEO perspective
AbstractThis article investigates the linkages between brand authenticity, brand trust, and SME growth from a CEO perspective. Brand authenticity is operationalized as consisting of three factors: brand consistency, brand customer orientation, and brand congruency. The hypotheses derived in this paper will be tested with new measures and data from 285 German SMEs using structural equation modeling. The results confirm that brand consistency and congruency foster brand trust, which in turn drives SME growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of World Business.
Volume (Year): 48 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Candace Jones & N. Anand & JosÃ¨ Luis Alvarez, 2005. "Manufactured Authenticity and Creative Voice in Cultural Industries," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 893-899, 07.
- Randall L. Rose & Stacy L. Wood, 2005. "Paradox and the Consumption of Authenticity through Reality Television," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 284-296, 09.
- Cable, Daniel M. & Judge, Timothy A., 1996. "Person-Organization Fit, Job Choice Decisions, and Organizational Entry," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 294-311, September.
- Davidsson, Per & Steffens, Paul & Fitzsimmons, Jason, 2009. "Growing profitable or growing from profits: Putting the horse in front of the cart?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 388-406, July.
- Karl-Heinz Leitner & Stefan GÃ¼ldenberg, 2010. "Generic strategies and firm performance in SMEs: a longitudinal study of Austrian SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 169-189, September.
- Lechner, Christian & Dowling, Michael & Welpe, Isabell, 2006. "Firm networks and firm development: The role of the relational mix," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 514-540, July.
- Michael B. Beverland, 2005. "Crafting Brand Authenticity: The Case of Luxury Wines," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 1003-1029, 07.
- Ewing, Michael T. & Napoli, Julie, 2005. "Developing and validating a multidimensional nonprofit brand orientation scale," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 841-853, June.
- Beverland, Michael, 2006. "The 'real thing': Branding authenticity in the luxury wine trade," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 251-258, February.
- Peter Witt & Verena Rode, 2005. "Corporate Brand Building In Start-Ups," Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(03), pages 273-294.
- Holt, Douglas B, 2002. " Why Do Brands Cause Trouble? A Dialectical Theory of Consumer Culture and Branding," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 70-90, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.