Overall justice, work group identification and work outcomes: Test of moderated mediation process
AbstractThis study examined an integrated model of the antecedents and outcomes of organisational and overall justice using a sample of Indian Call Centre employees (n=458). Results of structural equation modelling (SEM) revealed that the four organisational justice dimensions relate to overall justice. Further, work group identification mediated the influence of overall justice on counterproductive work behaviors, such as presenteeism and social loafing, while conscientiousness was a significant moderator between work group identification and presenteeism and social loafing. Theoretical and practical implications are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of World Business.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Batt, R. & Applebaum, E., 1995. "Worker Participation in Diverse Settings: Does the Form Affect the Outcome, and If So, Who Benefits?," Papers 95-06, Cornell - Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies.
- Cohen-Charash, Yochi & Spector, Paul E., 2001. "The Role of Justice in Organizations: A Meta-Analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 278-321, November.
- Jill Rubery & Carilyn Carroll & Fang Lee Cooke & Irena Grugulis & Jill Earnshaw, 2004. "Human Resource Management and the Permeable Organization: The Case of the Multi-Client Call Centre," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7), pages 1199-1222, November.
- Olkkonen, Maria-Elena & Lipponen, Jukka, 2006. "Relationships between organizational justice, identification with organization and work unit, and group-related outcomes," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 202-215, July.
- Miles, Jeffrey A. & Greenberg, Jerald, 1993. "Using Punishment Threats to Attenuate Social Loafing Effects among Swimmers," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 246-265, November.
- Grimshaw, Damian & Rubery, Jill, 1998. "Integrating the Internal and External Labour Markets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 199-220, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.