Why Countries Become Wealthy: The Effects of Adult Longevity on Saving
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelley, Allen C & Schmidt, Robert M, 1996. "Saving, Dependency and Development," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 365-86, November.
- Junji Kageyama, 2003. "The Effects of A Continuous Increase in Lifetime on Saving," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 49(2), pages 163-183, 06.
- Robert M. Schmidt & Allen C. Kelley, 1996. "Saving, dependency and development," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 365-386.
- Robert J. Barro, 2012.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
CEMA Working Papers
568, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Bryan Graham, 2002.
"Longevity and Life Cycle Savings,"
NBER Working Papers
8808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kuehlwein, Michael, 1993. "Life-Cycle and Altruistic Theories of Saving with Lifetime Uncertainty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 38-47, February.
- Zilcha, Itzhak & Friedman, Joseph, 1985. "Saving behavior in retirement when life horizon is uncertain," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 63-66.
- Leung, S.F., 1992.
"Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis,"
RCER Working Papers
323, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Leung, Siu Fai, 1994. "Uncertain Lifetime, the Theory of the Consumer, and the Life Cycle Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1233-39, September.
- Taylor, Alan M., 1995. "Debt, dependence and the demographic Transition: Latin America in to the next century," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 869-879, May.
- Davies, James B, 1981. "Uncertain Lifetime, Consumption, and Dissaving in Retirement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 561-77, June.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2013.
"Public and private saving and the long shadow of macroeconomic shocks,"
Working Paper Series
2776, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ilan Noy, 2013. "Public and Private Saving and the Long Shadow of Macroeconomic Shocks," NBER Working Papers 19067, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin Wong & Kam Ki Tang, 2010.
"The Ageing, Longevity and Crowding Out Effects on Private and Public Savings,"
CAMA Working Papers
2010-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kam-Ki Tang & Benjamin ShiJie Wong, . "The Ageing, Longevity and Crowding Out Effects on Private and Public Savings: Evidence from Dynamic Panel Analysis," MRG Discussion Paper Series 3409, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Eytan Sheshinski, 2009.
"Longevity and Aggregate Savings,"
Discussion Paper Series
dp519, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Hui He & Hao Zhang & Tim Halliday, 2010.
"Health Investment over the Life-Cycle,"
2010 Meeting Papers
1179, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Halliday, Timothy J. & He, Hui & Zhang, Hao, 2009. "Health Investment over the Life-Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 4482, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Timothy J. Halliday & Hui He & Hao Zhang, 2009. "Health Investment over the Life-Cycle," Working Papers 200910, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Timothy Halliday & Hui He & Hao Zhang, 2012. "Health Investment over the Life-Cycle," Working Papers 201210, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2012.
"Macroeconomic adjustment and the history of crises in open economies,"
Working Paper Series
2516, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2013. "Macroeconomic adjustment and the history of crises in open economies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 41-58.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ilan Noy, 2012. "Macroeconomic Adjustment and the History of Crises in Open Economies," NBER Working Papers 18527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Husain, Muhammad Jami, 2009. "Contribution of health to economic development: a survey and overview," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-40, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Husain, Muhammad Jami, 2010. "Contribution of health to economic development: A survey and overview," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 4(14), pages 1-52.
- Hickson, Kerry Jane, 2009. "The contribution of increased life expectancy to economic development in twentieth century Japan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 489-504, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.