Networks, distance, and trust: Telecommunications Development and changing trading practices in Ghana
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emily Chamlee-Wright, 2005. "Fostering Sustainable Complexity In The Microfinance Industry: Which Way Forward?," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 5-12, 06.
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 1996. "The enforcement of commercial contracts in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 427-448, March.
- Lyon, Fergus, 2000. "Trust, Networks and Norms: The Creation of Social Capital in Agricultural Economies in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 663-681, April.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 1998. "Trust and inter-firm relations in developing and transition economies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 32-61.
- Minten, Bart & Kyle, Steven, 1999. "The effect of distance and road quality on food collection, marketing margins, and traders' wages: evidence from the former Zaire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 467-495, December.
- World Bank, 2008. "Managing the Miombo Woodlands of Southern Africa : Policies, Incentives and Options for the Rural Poor, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19519, The World Bank.
- Lee, Kyeong Ho & Bellemare, Marc F., 2012.
"Look who's talking: the impacts of the intrahousehold allocation of mobile phones on agricultural prices,"
38908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kyeong Ho Lee & Marc F. Bellemare, 2013. "Look Who's Talking: The Impacts of the Intrahousehold Allocation of Mobile Phones on Agricultural Prices," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 624-640, May.
- Mather, David & Boughton, Duncan & Jayne, Thomas S., 2011. "Smallholder Heterogeneity and Maize Market Participation in Southern and Eastern Africa: Implications for Investment Strategies to Increase Marketed Food Staple Supply," Food Security International Development Working Papers, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics 118473, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Dorward, Leejiah J., 2012. "Where are the best opportunities for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the food system (including the food chain)? A comment," Food Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 463-466.
- Surabhi Mittal & Sanjay Gandhi & Gaurav Tripathi, . "Socio-Economic Impact of Mobile Phones on Indian Agriculture," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India 246, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi, 2009. "The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1887-1896, December.
- Mittal, Surabhi & Mehar, Mamta, 0. "How Mobile Phones Contribute to Growth of Small Farmers? Evidence from India," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 51.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.