The politics of staying poor: exploring the political space for poverty reduction in Uganda
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1803-1815, November.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Growth, inequality, and poverty : looking beyond averages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2558, The World Bank.
- David Lawson & Andy Mckay & John Okidi, 2006.
"Poverty persistence and transitions in Uganda: A combined qualitative and quantitative analysis,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 1225-1251.
- Lawson, David & McKay, Andrew & Okidi, John A., 2004. "Poverty Persistence and Transitions in Uganda: A Combined Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis," Development Economics and Public Policy Working Papers 30555, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- David Lawson, 2005. "Poverty Persistence and Transitions in Uganda: A Combined Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-004, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew, 2003. "Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 403-423, March.
- Sarah Lister & Warren Nyamugasira, 2003. "Design Contradictions in the 'New Architecture of Aid'? Reflections from Uganda on the Roles of Civil Society Organisations," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21(1), pages 93-106, 01.
- E. A. Brett, 2000. "Development theory in a post-socialist era: competing capitalisms and emancipatory alternatives," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 789-802.
- Craig, David & Porter, Doug, 2003. "Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers: A New Convergence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 53-69, January.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Kanbur Ravi, 2001.
"Economic Policy, Distribution and Poverty: The Nature of Disagreements,"
Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-26, April.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2001. "Economic Policy, Distribution and Poverty: The Nature of Disagreements," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1083-1094, June.
- Francis, Paul & James, Robert, 2003. "Balancing Rural Poverty Reduction and Citizen Participation: The Contradictions of Uganda's Decentralization Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 325-337, February.
- Sophie King, 2014. "Cultivating political capabilities among Ugandan smallholders: good governance or popular organisation building?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 19314, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Bracking, Sarah, 2005. "Guided Miscreants: Liberalism, Myopias, and the Politics of Representation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1011-1024, June.
- Enowbi Batuo, Michael & Asongu, Simplice A., 2012. "The impact of liberalisation policies on income inequality in african countries," MPRA Paper 43344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sam Hickey, 2007. "Conceptualising the Politics of Social Protection in Africa," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 0407, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Asongu Simplice & Michael E. Batuo, 2012. "The Impact of Liberalisation Policies on Inequality in Africa," Working Papers 12/038, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Hickey, Sam, 2013. "Beyond the Poverty Agenda? Insights from the New Politics of Development in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 194-206.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.