The politics of staying poor: exploring the political space for poverty reduction in Uganda
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lawson, David & McKay, Andrew & Okidi, John A., 2004.
"Poverty Persistence and Transitions in Uganda: A Combined Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis,"
Development Economics and Public Policy Working Papers
30555, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- David Lawson & Andy Mckay & John Okidi, 2006. "Poverty persistence and transitions in Uganda: A combined qualitative and quantitative analysis," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 1225-1251.
- David Lawson, 2005. "Poverty Persistence and Transitions in Uganda: A Combined Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-004, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- E. A. Brett, 2000. "Development theory in a post-socialist era: competing capitalisms and emancipatory alternatives," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 789-802.
- Kanbur Ravi, 2001.
"Economic Policy, Distribution and Poverty: The Nature of Disagreements,"
Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-26, April.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2001. "Economic Policy, Distribution and Poverty: The Nature of Disagreements," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1083-1094, June.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1803-1815, November.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Growth, inequality, and poverty : looking beyond averages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2558, The World Bank.
- Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew, 2003. "Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 403-423, March.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Sarah Lister & Warren Nyamugasira, 2003. "Design Contradictions in the 'New Architecture of Aid'? Reflections from Uganda on the Roles of Civil Society Organisations," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21(1), pages 93-106, 01.
- Craig, David & Porter, Doug, 2003. "Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers: A New Convergence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 53-69, January.
- Francis, Paul & James, Robert, 2003. "Balancing Rural Poverty Reduction and Citizen Participation: The Contradictions of Uganda's Decentralization Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 325-337, February.
- Hickey, Sam, 2013. "Beyond the Poverty Agenda? Insights from the New Politics of Development in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 194-206.
- Sophie King, 2014. "Cultivating political capabilities among Ugandan smallholders: good governance or popular organisation building?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 19314, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Sam Hickey, 2007. "Conceptualising the Politics of Social Protection in Africa," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 0407, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Enowbi Batuo, Michael & Asongu, Simplice A., 2012. "The impact of liberalisation policies on income inequality in african countries," MPRA Paper 43344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice & Michael E. Batuo, 2012. "The Impact of Liberalisation Policies on Inequality in Africa," Working Papers 12/038, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Bracking, Sarah, 2005. "Guided Miscreants: Liberalism, Myopias, and the Politics of Representation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1011-1024, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.