Mass democracy: The real reason that Brazil ended inflation?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baer, Werner & Beckerman, Paul, 1980. "The trouble with index-linking: Reflections on the recent Brazilian Experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(9), pages 677-703, September.
- Alberto Alesina & Allan Drazen, 1989.
"Why are Stabilizations Delayed?,"
NBER Working Papers
3053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amann, Edmund & Baer, Werner, 2000. "The Illusion of Stability: The Brazilian Economy Under Cardoso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 1805-1819, October.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1997. "Brazil's Incomplete Stabilization and Reform," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 367-404.
- Pereira, Luiz Carlos Bresser & Abud, Jairo, 1997. "Net and total transition costs: The timing of economic reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 905-914, June.
- Gerring, John & Kingstone, Peter & Lange, Matthew & Sinha, Aseema, 2011. "Democracy, History, and Economic Performance: A Case-Study Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1735-1748.
- Figueiredo, Paulo N., 2008. "Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 55-88, January.
- Lourival, Reinaldo & Caleman, Silvia Morales de Queiroz & Villar, Gabriela Isla Martins & Ribeiro, Ana Raquel & Elkin, Ché, 2008. "Getting fourteen for the price of one! Understanding the factors that influence land value and how they affect biodiversity conservation in central Brazil," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 20-31, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.