The relationship between participation and project outcomes: Evidence from rural water supply projects in India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Isham, Jonathan & Narayan, Deepa & Pritchett, Lant, 1995. "Does Participation Improve Performance? Establishing Causality with Subjective Data," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 175-200, May.
- Pretty, Jules N., 1995. "Participatory learning for sustainable agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1247-1263, August.
- Agarwal, Bina, 2001. "Participatory Exclusions, Community Forestry, and Gender: An Analysis for South Asia and a Conceptual Framework," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1623-1648, October.
- Whittington, Dale & Lauria, Donald T. & Mu, Xinming, 1991. "A study of water vending and willingness to pay for water in Onitsha, Nigeria," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 179-198.
- Isham, Jonathan & Kahkonen, Satu, 2002. "Institutional Determinants of the Impact of Community-Based Water Services: Evidence from Sri Lanka and India," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(3), pages 667-91, April.
- Madrigal, Roger & Alpizar, Francisco & Schluter, Achim, 2011. "Individual Perceptions and the Performance of Community-Based Drinking Water Organizations," Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future dp-11-07-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S., 2011. "Do community-driven development projects enhance social capital? Evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 348-358, November.
- Girard, Alexandra M., 2014. "Stepping into Formal Politics," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-18.
- Brunner, Norbert & Lele, Ashwini & Starkl, Markus & Grassini, Laura, 2010. "Water sector reform policy of India: Experiences from case studies in Maharashtra," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 544-561, July.
- Nisha K R, 2006. "Community Participation in Rural Water supply: An Analysis Using Household Data From North Kerala," Working Papers, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore 173, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Sileshi Baye & Helmut Kloos & Worku Mulat & Aymere Assayie & Gabriel Gullis & Abera Kumie & Biruck Yirsaw, 2012. "Assessment on the Approaches Used for Water and Sanitation Programs in Southern Ethiopia," Water Resources Management, Springer, Springer, vol. 26(15), pages 4295-4309, December.
- Madrigal, RÃ³ger & AlpÃzar, Francisco & SchlÃ¼ter, Achim, 2010. "Determinants of Performance of Drinking-Water Community Organizations: A Comparative Analysis of Case Studies in Rural Costa Rica," Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future dp-10-03-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S., 2009. "Who is at the Wheel When Communities Drive Development? Evidence from the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 219-231, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.