Facilitating Development: The Role of Business Groups
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morrison, Catherine J & Schwartz, Amy Ellen, 1996.
"State Infrastructure and Productive Performance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1095-1111, December.
- Montek S. Ahluwalia, 2002. "Economic Reforms in India Since 1991: Has Gradualism Worked?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 67-88, Summer.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993.
"Returns to investment in education : a global update,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1067, The World Bank.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994. "Returns to investment in education: A global update," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Goto, Akira, 1982. "Business groups in a market economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 53-70.
- Gulyani, Sumila, 1999. "Innovating with Infrastructure: How India's Largest Carmaker Copes with Poor Electricity Supply," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1749-1768, October.
- Khanna, Tarun, 2000. "Business groups and social welfare in emerging markets: Existing evidence and unanswered questions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 748-761, May.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1995. "Human and physical infrastructure: Public investment and pricing policies in developing countries," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 43, pages 2773-2843 Elsevier.
- John Fernald, 1997.
"Roads to prosperity? assessing the link between public capital and productivity,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
592, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John G. Fernald, 1999. "Roads to Prosperity? Assessing the Link between Public Capital and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 619-638, June.
- Lindenberg, Eric B & Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Tobin's q Ratio and Industrial Organization," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj & Khanna, Tarun, 1998. "The Nature of Diversified Business Groups: A Research Design and Two Case Studies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 35-61, March.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-96, September.
- Randall Morck & M. Deniz Yavuz & Bernard Yeung, 2009.
"Banking System Control, Capital Allocation, and Economy Performance,"
NBER Working Papers
15575, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morck, Randall & Deniz Yavuz, M. & Yeung, Bernard, 2011. "Banking system control, capital allocation, and economy performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 264-283, May.
- Özlem Yýldýrým-Öktem, 2010. "Generational Differences In Involvement Of Family Members In Governance And Management Of Turkish Family Business Groups And Background Characteristics Of Family Members," Bogazici Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 24(1+2), pages 41-66.
- George, R. & Kabir, M.R. & Douma, S.W., 2004.
"Business Groups and Profit Redistribution: A Boon or Bane for Firms,"
2004-124, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- George, Rejie & Kabir, Rezaul, 2008. "Business groups and profit redistribution: A boon or bane for firms?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 1004-1014, September.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2005.
"How well do institutional theories explain firms'perceptions of property rights?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3709, The World Bank.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüc-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2008. "How Well Do Institutional Theories Explain Firms' Perceptions of Property Rights?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 1833-1871, July.
- Choi, Suk Bong & Lee, Soo Hee & Williams, Christopher, 2011. "Ownership and firm innovation in a transition economy: Evidence from China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 441-452, April.
- Oluwarotimi Owolabi & Sarmistha Pal, 2009. "The Value of Business Networks; an Analysis of Firm Financing in Transition Economies," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 09-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Michael Carney & Eric Gedajlovic & Xiaohua Yang, 2009. "Varieties of Asian capitalism: Toward an institutional theory of Asian enterprise," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 361-380, September.
- Laura Alfaro & Anusha Chari, 2009.
"India Transformed? Insights from the Firm Level 1988-2005,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
10-030, Harvard Business School.
- Laura Alfaro & Anusha Chari, 2009. "India Transformed? Insights from the Firm Level 1988-2005," NBER Working Papers 15448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Carney, 2008. "The many futures of Asian business groups," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 595-613, December.
- Mario García Molina, 2010. "Crisis Y Diversificación De Los Grupos Empresariales Colombianos A Finales De Los Noventa," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO - ESCUELA DE ECONOMÃA 007571, UN - RCE - CID.
- Noel Maurer & Stephen Haber, 2007. "Related Lending: Manifest Looting or Good Governance? Lessons from the Economic History of Mexico," NBER Chapters, in: The Decline of Latin American Economies: Growth, Institutions, and Crises, pages 213-242 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra, 2006. "Business groups and their types," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 419-437, December.
- Randall Morck, 2005.
"How to Eliminate Pyramidal Business Groups The Double Taxation of Inter-corporate Dividends and other Incisive Uses of Tax Policy,"
in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 19, pages 135-179
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morck, Randall, 2006. "How to Eliminate Pyramidal Business Groups: The Double Taxation of Inter-corporate Dividends and other Incisive Uses of Tax Policy," CEI Working Paper Series 2005-15, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Randall Morck, 2004. "How to Eliminate Pyramidal Business Groups - The Double Taxation of Inter-Corporate Dividends and Other Incisive Uses of Tax Policy," NBER Working Papers 10944, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anand Saxena, 2013. "Transgenerational succession in business groups in India," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 769-789, September.
- Kannan Ramaswamy & Mingfang Li & Barbara Petitt, 2012. "Why do business groups continue to matter? A study of market failure and performance among Indian manufacturers," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 643-658, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.