The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:lan:wpaper:898 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-93, September.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
NBER Working Papers
5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-98, March.
- repec:lan:wpaper:899 is not listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, H W & Read, R, 2000. "Comparing the Economic Performance of Dependent Territories and Sovereign Microstates," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, January.
- Read, Robert, 2001. "Growth, Economic Development and Structural Transition in Small Vulnerable States," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- H W Armstrong & R Read, .
"Trade and Growth in Small States: The Impact of Global Trade Liberalisation,"
ec5/98, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 1998. "Trade and Growth in Small States: The Impact of Global Trade Liberalisation," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 563-585, 06.
- R A Read & H W Armstrong, 1998. "Trade and growth in small states: the impact of global trade liberalisation," Working Papers 539452, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- Easterly, William & Kraay, Aart, 2000. "Small States, Small Problems? Income, Growth, and Volatility in Small States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2013-2027, November.
- Srinivasan, T N, 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Being a Small, Remote, Island, Landlocked, or Ministate Economy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 205-18, July.
- Armstrong, H. & De Kervenoael, R. J. & Li, X. & Read, R., 1998.
"A comparison of the economic performance of different micro-states, and between micro-states and larger countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 639-656, April.
- H Armstrong, R de Kervenoael, Xiao-Ming Li and R Read, . "A Comparision of the economic performance of different micro-states and between micro-states and larger countries," Working Papers ec9/97, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2001.
"Growth is good for the poor,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2587, The World Bank.
- Bertram, Geoffrey, 1986. ""Sustainable development" in Pacific micro-economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 809-822, July.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. " Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Hampton, Mark P. & Christensen, John, 2002. "Offshore Pariahs? Small Island Economies, Tax Havens, and the Re-configuration of Global Finance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1657-1673, September.
- Selwyn, Percy, 1980. "Smallness and islandness," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(12), pages 945-951, December.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 2002. "The phantom of liberty?: economic growth and the vulnerability of small states," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 435-458.
- Dommen, Edward, 1980. "Some distinguishing characteristics of island states," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(12), pages 931-943, December.
- Armstrong, Harvey & Read, Robert, 1995. "Western European micro-states and EU autonomous regions: The advantages of size and sovereignty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1229-1245, July.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2006.
"How fast are small tourist countries growing? The 1980-2003 evidence,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200614, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourist Countries Growing? The 1980-2003 Evidence," Working Papers 2007.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Haque, Tobias A. & Knight, David S. & Jayasuriya, Dinuk S., 2012. "Capacity constraints and public financial management in small Pacific Island countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6297, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.