On the Convergence of Small Island Economies with Their Metropolitan Patrons
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Cashin & Norman Loayza, 1995.
"Paradise Lost? Growth, Convergence, and Migration in the South Pacific,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(3), pages 608-641, September.
- Norman Loayza & Paul Cashin, 1995. "Paradise Lost? Growth, Convergence and Migration in the South Pacific," IMF Working Papers 95/28, International Monetary Fund.
- Cashin, Paul, 1995.
"Economic Growth and Convergence across the Seven Colonies of Australasia: 1861-1991,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(213), pages 132-44, June.
- Cashin, P.A., 1993. "Economic Growth and Convergence Across the Seven Colonies of Australia: 1861-1991," Papers 688, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Harvey W. Armstrong & Robert Read, 2002. "The phantom of liberty?: economic growth and the vulnerability of small states," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 435-458.
- Robert E. Lucas, 2000. "Some Macroeconomics for the 21st Century," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 159-168, Winter.
- Poirine, Bernard, 1999. "A Theory of Aid as Trade with Special Reference to Small Islands," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 831-52, July.
- Armstrong, H W & Read, R, 2000. "Comparing the Economic Performance of Dependent Territories and Sovereign Microstates," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, January.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 2012.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
CEMA Working Papers
568, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?,"
NBER Working Papers
6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker Than Others?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116, February.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- Dunn, Leslie, 2011. "The Impact of Political Dependence on Small Island Jurisdictions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2132-2146.
- repec:cbk:journl:v:1:y:2013:i:3:p:89-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- van der Velde, M. & Green, S.R. & Vanclooster, M. & Clothier, B.E., 2007. "Sustainable development in small island developing states: Agricultural intensification, economic development, and freshwater resources management on the coral atoll of Tongatapu," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 456-468, March.
- Congdon Fors, Heather, 2007. "Island Status, Country Size and Institutional Quality in Former Colonies," Working Papers in Economics 257, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Baldacchino, Godfrey, 2006. "Innovative development strategies from Non-Sovereign Island jurisdictions? A global review of economic policy and governance practices," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 852-867, May.
- E. Kathy Stuart, 2006. "Energizing the island community: a review of policy standpoints for energy in small island states and territories," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 139-147.
- Michael Turner & Alistair Brown, 2013. "The Performance of Melanesian Central Banks," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 2(1), pages 89-110.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.