Constraints on Collective Action in a Transitional Economy: The Case of Bulgaria's Irrigation Sector
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gérard Roland, 2004.
"Transition and Economics: Politics, Markets, and Firms,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026268148x, December.
- Gérard Roland, 2000. "Transition and Economics: Politics, Markets, and Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182033, December.
- Paldam, M. & Svendsen, G.T., 2000.
"Missing Social Capital and the Transition in Eastern Europe,"
00-5, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- Paldam, Martin & Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2000. "Missing social capital and the transition in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 00-5, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Bromley, 1992. "The commons, common property, and environmental policy," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Raju, K. V. & Gulati, Ashok, 2002.
"What Affects Organization and Collective Action for Managing Resources? Evidence from Canal Irrigation Systems in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 649-666, April.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Raju, K. V. & Gulati, Ashok, 2000. "What affects organization and collective action for managing resources?: evidence from canal irrigation systems in India," EPTD discussion papers 61, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jean-Marie Baland & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 1998. "Division of the Commons: A Partial Assessment of the New Institutional Economics of Land Rights," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 644-650.
- Daniel W. Bromley, 1998. "Determinants of Cooperation and Management of Local Common Property Resources: Discussion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 665-668.
- Bromley, D.W. & Cernea, M.M., 1989. "The Management Of Common Property Natural Resources - Some Conceptual And Operational Fallacies," World Bank - Discussion Papers 57, World Bank.
- Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh, 2001. "Social Capital and the Environment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Agrawal, Arun, 2001. "Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1649-1672, October.
- Rose-Ackerman, Susan, 2001. "Trust and Honesty in Post-socialist Societies," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2-3), pages 415-43.
- Tai, Hsing-Sheng, 2007. "Development Through Conservation: An Institutional Analysis of Indigenous Community-Based Conservation in Taiwan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1186-1203, July.
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Peshevski, Mile & Bosev, Dane & Shekerinov, Darko & Quarrie, Steve, 2009.
"Water communities in the Republic of Macedonia: an empirical analysis of membership satisfaction and payment behaviour,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51030, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Peshevski, Mile & Bosev, Dane & Shekerinov, Darko & Quarrie, Steve, 2009. "Water Communities in the Republic of Macedonia: An Empirical Analysis of Membership Satisfaction and Payment Behavior," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1951-1963, December.
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Peshevski, Mile & Bosev, Dane & Shekerinov, Darko & Quarrie, Steve, 2008. "Water Communities in the Republic of Macedonia: an empirical analysis of membership satisfaction and payment behaviour," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44161, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Peshevski, Mile & Bosev, Dane & Shekerinov, Darko & Quarrie, Steve, 2008. "Water Communities In The Republic Of Macedonia: An Empirical Analysis Of Membership Satisfaction And Payment Behaviour," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36852, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sauer, Johannes & Gorton, Matthew & Peshevski, Mile & Bosev, Dane & Shekerinov, Darko, 2010. "Social Capital and the Performance of Water User Associations: Evidence from the Republic of Macedonia," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 59(1).
- Schleyer, Christian, 2010. "Institutional change and collective action: The case of reclamation systems in Northwest Poland," IAMO Forum 2010: Institutions in Transition â Challenges for New Modes of Governance 52706, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Petrick, Martin, 2006. "Why And How Should The Government Finance Public Goods In Rural Areas? A Review Of Arguments," 46th Annual Conference, Giessen, Germany, October 4-6, 2006 14961, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Akramov, Kamiljon T. & Omuraliev, Nurbek, 2009. "Institutional change, rural services, and agricultural performance in Kyrgyzstan:," IFPRI discussion papers 904, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Petrick, Martin, 2006. "Should the Government Finance Public Goods in Rural Areas? A Review of Arguments," Staff Paper Series 497, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Gamini Herath & Mokhtharul Wadud, 2007. "Institutional Economics Approach to Irrigation Management with Special Reference to Developing Asian Countries," Economics Series 2007_07, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Petrick, Martin & Gramzow, Andreas, 2012. "Harnessing Communities, Markets and the State for Public Goods Provision: Evidence from Post-Socialist Rural Poland," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2342-2354.
- Murray, Catherine, 2005. "Social Capital and Cooperation in Central and Eastern Europe: A Theoretical Perspective," Institutional Change in Agriculture and Natural Resources Discussion Papers 18831, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Zeynep Kadirbeyoðlu & Gökhan Özertan, 2011. "Users’ Perceptions of Water User Associations: Evidence From Three Cases in Turkey," Working Papers 2011/01, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Nicolas Faysse & Mostafa Errahj & Catherine Dumora & Hassan Kemmoun & Marcel Kuper, 2012. "Linking research and public engagement: weaving an alternative narrative of Moroccan family farmers’ collective action," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 413-426, September.
- Neumann, Kathleen & Stehfest, Elke & Verburg, Peter H. & Siebert, Stefan & Müller, Christoph & Veldkamp, Tom, 2011. "Exploring global irrigation patterns: A multilevel modelling approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 703-713.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.