A Gendered Value Chain Approach to Codes of Conduct in African Horticulture
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Standing, Guy, 1999. "Global Feminization Through Flexible Labor: A Theme Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 583-602, March.
- Stephanie Barrientos, 2000. "Globalization and ethical trade: assessing the implications for development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 559-570.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000.
"Global Production Networks and the Changing Geography of Innovation Systems: Implications for Developing Countries,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
09, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002. "Global production networks and the changing geography of innovation systems. Implications for developing countries," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 497-523.
- C. Dolan & J. Humphrey, 2000. "Governance and Trade in Fresh Vegetables: The Impact of UK Supermarkets on the African Horticulture Industry," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 147-176.
- Humphries, Jane & Rubery, Jill, 1984. "The Reconstitution of the Supply Side of the Labour Market: The Relative Autonomy of Social Reproduction," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 331-46, December.
- Egizio Valceschini, 1993. "Conventions économiques et mutation de l'économie contractuelle dans le secteur des légumes transformés," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 218(1), pages 19-26.
- Elson, Diane, 1999. "Labor Markets as Gendered Institutions: Equality, Efficiency and Empowerment Issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 611-627, March.
- Standing, Guy, 1989. "Global feminization through flexible labor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1077-1095, July.
- Rao, Elizaphan J.O. & Qaim, Matin, 2013. "Supermarkets and agricultural labor demand in Kenya: A gendered perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 165-176.
- Erenstein, Olaf & Sumberg, James & Oswald, Andreas & Levasseur, Virginie & Kore, Harouna, 2006. "What future for integrated rice-vegetable production systems in West African lowlands?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 376-394, June.
- Riisgaard, Lone, 2009. "Global Value Chains, Labor Organization and Private Social Standards: Lessons from East African Cut Flower Industries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 326-340, February.
- Gupta, Vipin & Subramanian, Ram, 2008. "Seven perspectives on regional clusters and the case of Grand Rapids office furniture city," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 371-384, August.
- Prowse, Martin, 2011. "A comparative value chain analysis of burley tobacco in Malawi - 2003/04 and 2009/10," IOB Working Papers 2011.09, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Samuel Nii Ardey Codjoe, 2010. "Population and food crop production in male- and female-headed households in Ghana," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 68-85, April.
- Stephanie Barrientos & Andrienetta Kritzinger, 2004. "Squaring the circle: global production and the informalization of work in South African fruit exports," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 81-92.
- Biggs, Stephen & Messerschmidt, Don, 2005. "Social responsibility in the growing handmade paper industry of Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1821-1843, November.
- Joyce Tsoi, 2010. "Stakeholders’ Perceptions and Future Scenarios to Improve Corporate Social Responsibility in Hong Kong and Mainland China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(3), pages 391-404, February.
- Ingenbleek, Paul & Binnekamp, Menno & Goddijn, Silvia, 2007. "Setting standards for CSR: A comparative case study on criteria-formulating organizations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 539-548, May.
- Alex Nicholls, 2010. "Fair Trade: Towards an Economics of Virtue," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(2), pages 241-255, April.
- Bacon, Christopher M., 2010. "Who decides what is fair in fair trade? The agri-environmental governance of standards, access, and price," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt8px4f62v, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Cathy Farnworth, 2009. "Well-Being is a Process of Becoming: Respondent-Led Research With Organic Farmers in Madagascar," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 89-106, January.
- Pegler, L.J., 2011. "Sustainable Value Chains and Labour - Linking Chain and "Inner Drivers" - From Concepts to Practice," ISS Working Papers - General Series 525, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Stephanie Barrientos, 2011. "‘Labour chains’: analysing the role of labour contractors in global production networks," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15311, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Stephanie Barrientos, 2013. "Gender production networks: Sustaining cocoa-chocolate sourcing in Ghana and India," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 18613, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Stephanie W. Barrientos, 2005. "Impact assessment and labour: developing a learning approach," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 259-270.
- Vagneron, Isabelle & Faure, Guy & Loeillet, Denis, 2009. "Is there a pilot in the chain? Identifying the key drivers of change in the fresh pineapple sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 437-446, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.