Whose Voices? Whose Choices? Reflections on Gender and Participatory Development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wieringa, S.E., 1998. "Rethinking gender planning : a critical discussion of the use of the concept of gender," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19023, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Lind, Amy, 1997. "Gender, development and urban social change: Women's community action in global cities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1205-1223, August.
- Jackson, Cecile, 1996. "Rescuing gender from the poverty trap," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 489-504, March.
- Cohen, John M. & Uphoff, Norman T., 1980. "Participation's place in rural development: Seeking clarity through specificity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 213-235, March.
- Pretty, Jules N., 1995. "Participatory learning for sustainable agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1247-1263, August.
- Agrawal, Arun & Yadama, Gautam & Andrade, Raul & Bhattacharya, Ajoy, 2006. "Decentralization and environmental conservation: gender effects from participation in joint forest management," CAPRi working papers 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pascal Sanginga & Jackson Tumwine & Nina Lilja, 2006. "Patterns of participation in farmers’ research groups: Lessons from the highlands of southwestern Uganda," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 501-512, December.
- Maria Torri, 2012. "Mainstreaming local health through herbal gardens in India: a tool to enhance women active agency and primary health care?," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 389-406, June.
- Andy Sumner & Richard Mallett, 2013. "Capturing Multidimensionality: What does a Human Wellbeing Conceptual Framework Add to the Analysis of Vulnerability?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 671-690, September.
- German, Laura & Mazengia, Waga & Tirwomwe, Wilberforce & Ayele, Shenkut & Tanui, Joseph & Nyangas, Simon & Begashaw, Leulseged & Taye, Hailemichael & Admassu, Zenebe & Tsegaye, Mesfin & Alinyo, Franci, 2008. "Enabling equitable collective action and policy change for poverty reduction and improved natural resource management in the Eastern African highlands:," CAPRi working papers 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kohlin, Gunnar & Sills, Erin O. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Wilfong, Christopher, 2011. "Energy, gender and development: what are the linkages ? where is the evidence ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5800, The World Bank.
- Elizabeth Wangui, 2008. "Development interventions, changing livelihoods, and the making of female Maasai pastoralists," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 365-378, September.
- James Sumberg & John Thompson & Philip Woodhouse, 2013. "Why agronomy in the developing world has become contentious," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 71-83, March.
- Sneddon, Chris & Fox, Coleen, 2007. "Power, Development, and Institutional Change: Participatory Governance in the Lower Mekong Basin," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2161-2181, December.
- Shannon Sutton, 2012. "Add Producers and Stir? (Re) politicizing Fairtrade participation," Working Papers 38, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.