Enduring Poverty and the Conditions of Childhood: Lifecourse and Intergenerational Poverty Transmissions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rachel Marcus & John Wilkinson & Jenni Marshali, 2002. "Poverty reduction strategy papers (PRSPs)-fulfilling their potential for children in poverty?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 1117-1128.
- Solon, Gary, 1999. "Intergenerational mobility in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 29, pages 1761-1800 Elsevier.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Haddad, Lawrence & Pena, Christine, 2001. "Are women overrepresented among the poor? An analysis of poverty in 10 developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 225-269, October.
- Jere R. Behrman & Alejandro Gaviria & Miguel Székely, 2001.
"Intergenerational Mobility in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4267, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Lykke E. Andersen, 2001.
"Low Social Mobility in Bolivia: Causes and Consequences for Development,"
Kiel Working Papers
1046, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Andersen, Lykke Eg, 2001. "Low Social Mobility in Bolivia: Causes and Consequences for Development," Documentos de trabajo 3/2001, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- Trzcinski, Eileen & Randolph, Susan, 1991. "Human Capital Investments and Relative Earnings Mobility: The Role of Education, Training, Migration, and Job Search," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 153-68, October.
- Andersen, Lykke Eg, 2000. "Social Mobility in Latin America," Documentos de trabajo 3/2000, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- Bob Baulch & John Hoddinott, 2000. "Economic mobility and poverty dynamics in developing countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 1-24.
- Sonia R Bhalotra & Chris Heady, 2000. "Child Farm Labour: Theory and Evidence," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 24, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ray, Ranjan, 1999. "How child labor and child schooling interact with adult labor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2179, The World Bank.
- Nancy Birdsall & Jere R. Behrman & Miguel Székely, 1998. "Intergenerational Schooling Mobility and Macro Conditions and Schooling Policies in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4144, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Judith Ennew, 1996. "The child business: Comments on the management of international policies for children," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 849-858.
- Glick, Peter & Sahn, David E, 1998. "Maternal Labour Supply and Child Nutrition in West Africa," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 325-55, August.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1997. "Better rich, or better there?," FCND discussion papers 23, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Heady, Christopher, 2003. "The Effect of Child Labor on Learning Achievement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 385-398, February.
- Anil B. Deolalikar, 1993. "Gender Differences in the Returns to Schooling and in School Enrollment Rates in Indonesia," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 899-932.
- Engle, Patrice L. & Castle, Sarah & Menon, Purnima, 1996. "Child development: Vulnerability and resilience," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 621-635, September.
- O.O'Donnel & F.Rosati & E.van Doorslaer, 2002. "Child Labour and Health: Evidence and Research Issues," UCW Working Paper 1, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 1996. "Expenditure behavior and children's welfare: An analysis of female headed households in Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 165-187, June.
- Tarsicio Castañeda & Enrique Aldaz-Carroll, 1999. "The Intergenerational Transmission of Poverty: Some Causes and Policy Implications," IDB Publications 54818, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Binder, Melissa & Scrogin, David, 1999. "Labor Force Participation and Household Work of Urban Schoolchildren in Mexico: Characteristics and Consequences," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 123-54, October.
- Naila Kabeer, 2000. "Inter-generational contracts, demographic transitions and the 'quantity-quality' tradeoff: parents, children and investing in the future," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 463-482.
- Wim P. M. Vijverberg, 1993. "Educational Investments and Returns for Women and Men in Côte d'Ivoire," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 933-974.
- Bouis, Howarth E. & Palabrica-Costello, Marilou & Solon, Orville & Westbrook, M. Daniel & Limbo, Azucena B., 1998. "Gender equality and investments in adolescents in the rural Philippines:," Research reports 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:fth:oxesaf:2000-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karen Moore, 2000. "Supporting children in their working lives: obstacles and opportunities within the international policy environment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 531-548.
- Darcy Hango, 2005. "Parental Investment in Childhood and Later Adult Well-Being: Can More Involved Parents Offset the Effects of Socioeconomic Disadvantage?," CASE Papers 098, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Jo Boyden, 2007. "Questioning the Power of Resilience:Are Children Up To the Task of Disrupting the Transmission of Poverty?," Working Papers id:1053, eSocialSciences.
- Gina Crivello & Laura Camfield & Martin Woodhead, 2009. "How Can Children Tell Us About Their Wellbeing? Exploring the Potential of Participatory Research Approaches within Young Lives," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 51-72, January.
- Nicola Jones & Andy Sumner, 2009. "Does Mixed Methods Research Matter to Understanding Childhood Well-Being?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Rafael Perez Ribas & Ana Flávia Machado & André Braz Golgher, 2006. "Fluctuations and persistence in poverty: a transient-chronic decomposition model for pseudo-panel data," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td290, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Green, Maia & Hulme, David, 2005. "From correlates and characteristics to causes: thinking about poverty from a chronic poverty perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 867-879, June.
- Jones, Nicola & Nguyen, Ngoc Anh & Nguyen, Thu Hang, 2007. "Trade liberalisation and intra-household poverty in Vietnam: a q2 social impact analysis," MPRA Paper 4206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fábio Augusto Reis Gomes & Ari Francisco de Araujo Junior & Márcio Antônio Salvato, 2006. "Mortalidade Infantil No Brasil E No Sudeste: Determinantes E Perspectivas Para O Futuro," Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais], in: João Antonio de Paula & et alli (ed.), Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais] Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.