Capturing the Value of Forest Carbon for Local Livelihoods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Jong, Ben H. J. & Tipper, Richard & Montoya-Gomez, Guillermo, 2000. "An economic analysis of the potential for carbon sequestration by forests: evidence from southern Mexico," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 313-327, May.
- Nigel Asquith & María Vargas Ríos & Joyotee Smith, 2002. "Can Forest-protection carbon projects improve rural livelihoods? Analysis of the Noel Kempff Mercado climate action project, Bolivia," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 323-337, December.
- Richards, Michael, 2000. "Can Sustainable Tropical Forestry be Made Profitable? The Potential and Limitations of Innovative Incentive Mechanisms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1001-1016, June.
- Byron, Neil & Arnold, Michael, 1999. "What Futures for the People of the Tropical Forests?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 789-805, May.
- Current, D. & Lutz, E. & Scherr, S., 1995. "Costs, Benefits, and Farmer Adoption of Agroforestry. Project Experience in Central America and the Caribbean," Papers 14, World Bank - The World Bank Environment Paper.
- Wunder, Sven, 2000. "Ecotourism and economic incentives -- an empirical approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 465-479, March.
- Scherr, Sara J., 1995. "Economic factors in farmer adoption of agroforestry: Patterns observed in Western Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 787-804, May.
- S. Brown & M. Burnham & M. Delaney & M. Powell & R. Vaca & A. Moreno, 2000. "Issues and challenges for forest-based carbon-offset projects: A case study of the Noel Kempff climate action project in Bolivia," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 99-121, March.
- Jared Hardner & Peter Frumhoff & Darren Goetze, 2000. "Prospects for mitigating carbon, conserving biodiversity, and promoting socioeconomic development objectives through the clean development mechanism," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 61-80, March.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Hari Dulal & Gernot Brodnig & Kalim Shah, 2011. "Capital assets and institutional constraints to implementation of greenhouse gas mitigation options in agriculture," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Locatelli, Bruno & Rojas, Varinia & Salinas, Zenia, 2008. "Impacts of payments for environmental services on local development in northern Costa Rica: A fuzzy multi-criteria analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 275-285, April.
- Roncoli, Carla & Jost, Christine & Perez, Carlos & Moore, Keith & Ballo, Adama & Cisse, Salmana & Ouattara, Karim, 2007. "Carbon sequestration from common property resources: Lessons from community-based sustainable pasture management in north-central Mali," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 97-109, April.
- Reynolds, Travis W., 2012. "Institutional Determinants of Success Among Forestry-Based Carbon Sequestration Projects in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 542-554.
- Khatun, Kaysara & Valdes, Paul J. & Knorr, Wolfgang & Chaturvedi, Rajiv Kumar, 2010. "Assessing the mitigation potential of forestry activities in a changing climate: A case study for Karnataka," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 277-286, April.
- Tschakert, Petra & Coomes, Oliver T. & Potvin, Catherine, 2007. "Indigenous livelihoods, slash-and-burn agriculture, and carbon stocks in Eastern Panama," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 807-820, February.
- Jindal, R. & Swallow, B. & Kerr, J., 2006. "Status of carbon sequestration projects in Africa: potential benefits and challenges to scaling up," Working Papers b14441, World Agroforestry Centre, Library Department.
- Jindal, Rohit & Kerr, John M. & Carter, Sarah, 2012. "Reducing Poverty Through Carbon Forestry? Impacts of the N’hambita Community Carbon Project in Mozambique," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 2123-2135.
- Catherine Potvin & Petra Tschakert & Frédéric Lebel & Kate Kirby & Hector Barrios & Judith Bocariza & Jaime Caisamo & Leonel Caisamo & Charianito Cansari & Juan Casamá & Maribel Casamá & Laura Cha, 2007. "A participatory approach to the establishment of a baseline scenario for a reforestation Clean Development Mechanism project," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(8), pages 1341-1362, October.
- Coomes, Oliver T. & Grimard, Franque & Potvin, Catherin & Sima, Philip, 2008. "The fate of the tropical forest: Carbon or cattle?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 207-212, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.