African Enclosures: A Default Mode of Development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fairhead, James & Leach, Melissa, 1995. "False forest history, complicit social analysis: Rethinking some West African environmental narratives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1023-1035, June.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Gray, Leslie C. & Kevane, Michael, 2001. "Evolving Tenure Rights and Agricultural Intensification in Southwestern Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 573-587, April.
- Erenstein, Olaf & Sumberg, James & Oswald, Andreas & Levasseur, Virginie & Kore, Harouna, 2006. "What future for integrated rice-vegetable production systems in West African lowlands?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 376-394, June.
- Hanatani, Atsushi & Sato, Mine, 2011. "Assessing Effectiveness and Sustainability of Communitymanaged Informal Irrigation in Africa: A Comparative Institutional Analysis of “Temporary" Irrigation in Malawi," Working Papers 34, JICA Research Institute.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2005.
"Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI
19359, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Klaus Deininger & Songqing Jin, 2008. "Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(1), pages 67-101, 02.
- Deininger, Klaus & Songqing Jin, 2003. "Land sales and rental markets in transition - evidence from rural Viet Nam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3013, The World Bank.
- Beyene, Fekadu, 0. "Driving forces in the expansion of enclosure among pastoral and agropastoral herders in Ethiopia," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 49.
- Jean-Paul Faguet, 2011. "Impacts and Consequences of the New Regime of Autonomies in Bolivia: Elements for a Discussion," IDB Publications 45398, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Muyanga, Milu, 2012. "Land Constraints in Kenya’s Densely Populated Rural Areas: Implications for Food Policy and Institutional Reform," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 134723, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Lesorogol, Carolyn K., 2005. "Privatizing pastoral lands: economic and normative outcomes in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1959-1978, November.
- Muyanga, Milu & Jayne, Thomas S., 2012. "Effects of Population Density on Smallholder Agricultural Production and Commercialization in Rural Kenya," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124993, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul & Sánchez, Fabio, 2008.
"Decentralization's Effects on Educational Outcomes in Bolivia and Colombia,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1294-1316, July.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Fabio Sanchez, 2006. "Decentralization’S Effects On Educational Outcomes In Bolivia And Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002255, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Fabio Sanchez, 2006. "Decentralization’S Effects On Educational Outcomes In Bolivia And Colombia," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 47, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Jindal, R. & Swallow, B. & Kerr, J., 2006. "Status of carbon sequestration projects in Africa: potential benefits and challenges to scaling up," Working Papers b14441, World Agroforestry Centre, Library Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.