Cointegration Tests of Purchasing Power Parity in Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joshua Aizenman, 1984.
"Modeling Deviations from Purchasing Power Parity (PPP),"
NBER Working Papers
1066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1984. "Modeling Deviations from Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 175-91, February.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Selover, David D., 1987. "Cointegration and models of exchange rate determination," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 43-51.
- Frenkel, Jacob A., 1981. "The collapse of purchasing power parities during the 1970's," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 145-165.
- Salehizadeh, Mehdi & Taylor, Robert, 1999. "A test of purchasing power parity for emerging economies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 183-193, April.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1980.
"Price Behavior in the Light of Balance of Payments Theories,"
NBER Working Papers
0181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kravis, Irving B. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1978. "Price behavior in the light of balance of payments theories," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 193-246, May.
- Joseph Kargbo, 2003. "Food prices and long-run purchasing power parity in Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 321-336.
- Johansen, Soren, 2000. "Modelling of cointegration in the vector autoregressive model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 359-373, August.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, et al, 1983. "The Black Market for Dollars in Brazil," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 25-40, February.
- Jun Nagayasu, 1998. "Does the Long-Run PPP Hypothesis Hold for Africa? Evidence from Panel Co-Integration Study," IMF Working Papers 98/123, International Monetary Fund.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 1990. "Purchasing power parity : Another look at the long-run data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 339-344, April.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Holmes, Mark J, 2000. "Does Purchasing Power Parity Hold in African Less Developed Countries? Evidence from a Panel Data Unit Root Test," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 9(1), pages 63-78, March.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-72, August.
- Hakkio, Craig, 1986. "Does the exchange rate follow a random walk? A Monte Carlo study of four tests for a random walk," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 221-229, June.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 1993. "Purchasing power parity based on effective exchange rate and cointegration: 25 LDCs' experience with its absolute formulation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1023-1031, June.
- Fleissig, Adrian R. & Strauss, Jack, 2000. "Panel unit root tests of purchasing power parity for price indices," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 489-506, August.
- Pinto, Brian, 1989. "Black Market Premia, Exchange Rate Unification, and Inflation in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 3(3), pages 321-38, September.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S., 1993. "Long-run purchasing power parity during the recent float," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 181-192, February.
- Peter Liu, 1992. "Purchasing power parity in Latin America: A co-integration analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(4), pages 662-680, December.
- Crownover, Collin & Pippenger, John & Steigerwald, Douglas G., 1996. "Testing for absolute purchasing power parity," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 783-796, October.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-28, August.
- Michel Galy & Michael T. Hadjimichael, 1997. "The CFA Franc Zone and the EMU," IMF Working Papers 97/156, International Monetary Fund.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2007. "Are Nominal Exchange Rates and Price Levels Co-Integrated? New Evidence from Threshold Autoregressive and Momentum-Threshold Autoregressive Models," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(260), pages 74-85, 03.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2008. "The purchasing power parity revisited: New evidence for 16 OECD countries from panel unit root tests with structural breaks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 137-146, April.
- Joakim Westerlund & Johan Blomquist, 2013. "A modified LLC panel unit root test of the PPP hypothesis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 833-860, April.
- Kargbo, J.M., 2005. "Impacts of monetary and macroeconomic factors on food prices in West Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 44(2), June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.