Offshore Pariahs? Small Island Economies, Tax Havens, and the Re-configuration of Global Finance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M P Hampton & J E Christensen, 1999. "Treasure Island revisited. Jersey's offshore finance centre crisis: implications for other small island economies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(9), pages 1619-1637, September.
- John J. Struthers, 1990. "Nigerian Oil and Exchange Rates: Indicators of ‘Dutch Disease’," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 309-341, 04.
- H Armstrong, R de Kervenoael, Xiao-Ming Li and R Read, .
"A Comparision of the economic performance of different micro-states and between micro-states and larger countries,"
ec9/97, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Armstrong, H. & De Kervenoael, R. J. & Li, X. & Read, R., 1998. "A comparison of the economic performance of different micro-states, and between micro-states and larger countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 639-656, April.
- Hampton, Mark P., 1994. "Treasure islands or fool's gold: Can and should small island economies copy Jersey?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 237-250, February.
- Hines, J.R. & Rice, E.M., 1990.
"Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens And American Business,"
56, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Hines, James R, Jr & Rice, Eric M, 1994. "Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens and American Business," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 149-82, February.
- James R. Hines, Jr. & Eric M. Rice, 1990. "Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens and American Business," NBER Working Papers 3477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1999. "India's Manufactured Exports: Comparative Structure and Prospects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1769-1786, October.
- Hampton, M-P, 1996. "Creating Spaces. The Political Economy of Island Offshore Finance Centres : the Case of Jersey," Papers 76, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- Anderson, C. Leigh & Locker, Laura & Nugent, Rachel, 2002. "Microcredit, Social Capital, and Common Pool Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 95-105, January.
- Dharmapala, Dhammika & Hines Jr., James R., 2009.
"Which countries become tax havens?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(9-10), pages 1058-1068, October.
- Patrice Pieretti & Jacques-François Thisse & Skerdilajda Zanaj, 2014. "Offshore financial centers and bank secrecy," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-02, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Read, Robert, 2004. "The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 365-378, February.
- Michael Brei, 2013. "Offshore financial centers in the Caribbean: An overview," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-40, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Pieretti, Patrice & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zanaj, Skerdilajda, 2011.
"Tax havens or safe havens,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8570, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thorsten Lehnert & Xisong Jin, 2011. "Large Portfolio Risk Management and Optimal Portfolio Allocation with Dynamic Copulas," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-10, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- John Christensen & Mark Hampton, 2005. "Exploring the relationship between tourism and offshore finance in small island economies: lessons from Jersey," International Finance 0507006, EconWPA.
- Stoian Ciprian-Dumitru, 2012. "Corporate Social Responsibility Versus Tax Avoidance Practices," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1081-1086, July.
- Patrice Pieretti & Jacques-François Thisse & Skerdilajda Zanaj, 2013. "Offshore financial centers: Safe or tax havens," CREA Discussion Paper Series 13-20, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- repec:idb:brikps:81941 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lutz Preuss, 2012. "Responsibility in Paradise? The Adoption of CSR Tools by Companies Domiciled in Tax Havens," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 1-14, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.