Offshore Pariahs? Small Island Economies, Tax Havens, and the Re-configuration of Global Finance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Armstrong, H. & De Kervenoael, R. J. & Li, X. & Read, R., 1998.
"A comparison of the economic performance of different micro-states, and between micro-states and larger countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 639-656, April.
- H Armstrong, R de Kervenoael, Xiao-Ming Li and R Read, . "A Comparision of the economic performance of different micro-states and between micro-states and larger countries," Working Papers ec9/97, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Anderson, C. Leigh & Locker, Laura & Nugent, Rachel, 2002. "Microcredit, Social Capital, and Common Pool Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 95-105, January.
- James R. Hines, Jr. & Eric M. Rice, 1994.
"Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens and American Business,"
NBER Working Papers
3477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hines, James R, Jr & Rice, Eric M, 1994. "Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens and American Business," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 149-82, February.
- Hines, J.R. & Rice, E.M., 1990. "Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens And American Business," Papers 56, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Hampton, M-P, 1996. "Creating Spaces. The Political Economy of Island Offshore Finance Centres : the Case of Jersey," Papers 76, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- M P Hampton & J E Christensen, 1999. "Treasure Island revisited. Jersey's offshore finance centre crisis: implications for other small island economies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 31(9), pages 1619-1637, September.
- Hampton, Mark P., 1994. "Treasure islands or fool's gold: Can and should small island economies copy Jersey?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 237-250, February.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1999. "India's Manufactured Exports: Comparative Structure and Prospects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1769-1786, October.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- John Christensen & Mark Hampton, 2005. "Exploring the relationship between tourism and offshore finance in small island economies: lessons from Jersey," International Finance 0507006, EconWPA.
- Patrice Pieretti & Jacques-François Thisse & Skerdilajda Zanaj, 2011. "Tax havens or safe havens," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-10, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Pieretti, Patrice & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zanaj, Skerdilajda, 2011. "Tax havens or safe havens," CEPR Discussion Papers 8570, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dhammika Dharmapala & James R. Hines Jr., 2006.
"Which Countries Become Tax Havens?,"
NBER Working Papers
12802, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stoian Ciprian-Dumitru, 2012. "Corporate Social Responsibility Versus Tax Avoidance Practices," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1081-1086, July.
- Read, Robert, 2004. "The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 365-378, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.