Watershed Development, Environmental Services, and Poverty Alleviation in India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Judy L. Baker, 2000. "Evaluating the Impact of Development Projects on Poverty : A Handbook for Practitioners," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13949, October.
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Margreet Zwarteveen & Ruth Meinzen-Dick, 2001. "Gender and property rights in the commons: Examples of water rights in South Asia," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 11-25, March.
- Kosoy, Nicolas & Martinez-Tuna, Miguel & Muradian, Roldan & Martinez-Alier, Joan, 2007. "Payments for environmental services in watersheds: Insights from a comparative study of three cases in Central America," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 446-455, March.
- Cochran, Jaquelin & Ray, Isha, 2009. "Equity Reexamined: A Study of Community-Based Rainwater Harvesting in Rajasthan, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 435-444, February.
- Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2010.
"Performance payments: A new strategy to conserve large carnivores in the tropics?,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010
19, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2010. "Performance payments: A new strategy to conserve large carnivores in the tropics?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 405-412, December.
- Coxhead, Ian A. & Demeke, Bayou, 2006. "Modeling Spatially Differentiated Environmental Policy in a Philippine Watershed: Tradeoffs between Environmental Protection and Poverty Reduction," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21115, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sahrawat, K.L. & Wani, S.P. & Pathak, P. & Rego, T.J., 2010. "Managing natural resources of watersheds in the semi-arid tropics for improved soil and water quality: A review," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 375-381, March.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Rios, Ana R. & Arcenas, Agustin, 2007.
"Can the Poor Participate in Payments for Environmental Services?: Lessons from the Silvopastoral Project in Nicaragua,"
3705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Rios, Ana R. & Arcenas, Agustin, 2008. "Can the poor participate in payments for environmental services? Lessons from the Silvopastoral Project in Nicaragua," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 299-325, June.
- C. Sreedharan & Jagannadha Matta, 2010. "Poverty alleviation as a pathway to sustainable forest management," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 877-888, December.
- Sashi Sivramakrishna & Amalendu Jyotishi, 2008. "Hobbes, Coase and Baliraja: Equity and Equality in Surface Water Distribution," Working Papers id:1731, eSocialSciences.
- Wunder, Sven & Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano, 2008. "Taking stock: A comparative analysis of payments for environmental services programs in developed and developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 834-852, May.
- Ekbom, Anders & Brown, Gardner M. & Sterner, Thomas, 2009. "Muddy Waters: Soil Erosion and Downstream Externalities," Working Papers in Economics 341, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Puskur, Ranjitha, 2006. "Investing in Livestock Development in Water-Scarce Semi-Arid Watersheds: Technological, Institutional and Policy Dimensions," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25724, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nicolas Kosoy & Miguel Martinez-Tuna & Roldan Muradian & Joan Martinez-Alier, . "Payments for Environmental Services in Watersheds: Insights From a Comparative Study of three Cases in Central America," UHE Working papers 2006_01, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars, 2005. "Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 237-253, February.
- Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Designing payments for environmental services in theory and practice: An overview of the issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 663-674, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.