Watershed Development, Environmental Services, and Poverty Alleviation in India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Cochran, Jaquelin & Ray, Isha, 2009. "Equity Reexamined: A Study of Community-Based Rainwater Harvesting in Rajasthan, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 435-444, February.
- Wunder, Sven & Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano, 2008. "Taking stock: A comparative analysis of payments for environmental services programs in developed and developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 834-852, May.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars, 2005. "Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 237-253, February.
- Ekbom, Anders & Brown, Gardner M. & Sterner, Thomas, 2009. "Muddy Waters: Soil Erosion and Downstream Externalities," Working Papers in Economics 341, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Rios, Ana R. & Arcenas, Agustin, 2008.
"Can the poor participate in payments for environmental services? Lessons from the Silvopastoral Project in Nicaragua,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 299-325, June.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Rios, Ana R. & Arcenas, Agustin, 2007. "Can the Poor Participate in Payments for Environmental Services?: Lessons from the Silvopastoral Project in Nicaragua," MPRA Paper 3705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2010.
"Performance payments: A new strategy to conserve large carnivores in the tropics?,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010
19, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2010. "Performance payments: A new strategy to conserve large carnivores in the tropics?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 405-412, December.
- Sahrawat, K.L. & Wani, S.P. & Pathak, P. & Rego, T.J., 2010. "Managing natural resources of watersheds in the semi-arid tropics for improved soil and water quality: A review," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 375-381, March.
- C. Sreedharan & Jagannadha Matta, 2010. "Poverty alleviation as a pathway to sustainable forest management," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 877-888, December.
- Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Designing payments for environmental services in theory and practice: An overview of the issues," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 663-674, May.
- Sashi Sivramakrishna & Amalendu Jyotishi, 2008. "Hobbes, Coase and Baliraja: Equity and Equality in Surface Water Distribution," Working Papers id:1731, eSocialSciences.
- Kosoy, Nicolas & Martinez-Tuna, Miguel & Muradian, Roldan & Martinez-Alier, Joan, 2007. "Payments for environmental services in watersheds: Insights from a comparative study of three cases in Central America," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 446-455, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.