International Support for NGOs in Bangladesh: Some Unintended Consequences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Padron, Mario, 1987. "Non-governmental development organizations: From development aid to development cooperation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages S69-S77.
- Abigail Barr & Marcel Fafchamps & Trudy Owens, 2004.
"The Resources and Governance of Non-Governmental Organizations in Uganda,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Abigail Barr & Marcel Fafchamps & Trudy Owens, 2004. "The Resources and Governance of Non-Governmental Organizations in Uganda," CSAE Working Paper Series 2004-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Abigail Barr & Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "The Resources and Governance of Non-Governmental Organizations in Uganda," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2004-06, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Anna Fruttero & Varun Gauri, 2003. "Location decisions and nongovernmental organization motivation : evidence from rural Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3176, The World Bank.
- Md. Rana, 2011. "Urbanization and sustainability: challenges and strategies for sustainable urban development in Bangladesh," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 237-256, February.
- LY, Pierre-Emmanuel, 2006. "Bringin? Home the Curry and Givin? it away: Commercial Ventures of NGOs in Bangladesh," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 19, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Solava Ibrahim & David Hulme, 2010. "Has civil society helped the poor? - A review of the roles and contributions of civil society to poverty reduction?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 11410, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Gauri, Varun & Galef, Julia, 2005. "NGOs in Bangladesh: Activities, resources, and governance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2045-2065, December.
- Eric Werker & Faisal Z. Ahmed, 2008. "What Do Nongovernmental Organizations Do?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 73-92, Spring.
- Barr, Abigail & Fafchamps, Marcel & Owens, Trudy, 2005. "The governance of non-governmental organizations in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 657-679, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.