Credibility and Reputation Building in the Developmental State: A Model with East Asian Applications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 29 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1996. "Some Lessons from the East Asian Miracle," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 151-77, August.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1988. "Alternative approaches to development economics," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 39-71 Elsevier.
- Aymo Brunetti & Beatrice Weder, 1994. "Political credibility and economic growth in less developed countries," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 23-43, December.
- Marcus Miller & Pongsak Luangaram, 1998.
"Financial Crisis in East Asia: Bank Runs, Asset Bubbles and Antidotes,"
CSGR Working papers series
11/98, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Marcus Miller & Pongsak Luangaram, 1998. "Financial crisis in East Asia: bank runs, asset bubbles and antidotes," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 165(1), pages 66-82, July.
- Kohli, Atul, 1994. "Where do high growth political economies come from? The Japanese lineage of Korea's "developmental state"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1269-1293, September.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2000.
"Institutions For High-Quality Growth: What They Are And How To Acquire Them,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2370, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik, 2000. "Institutions for High-Quality Growth: What They are and How to Acquire Them," NBER Working Papers 7540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campos, Jose Edgardo & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2000. "Credible Commitment and Success with Public Enterprise Reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-243, February.
- Huff, W. G., 1995. "The developmental state, government, and Singapore's economic development since 1960," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1421-1438, August.
- David Kreps & Paul Milgrom & John Roberts & Bob Wilson, 2010.
"Rational Cooperation in the Finitely Repeated Prisoners' Dilemma,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
239, David K. Levine.
- Kreps, David M. & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Rational cooperation in the finitely repeated prisoners' dilemma," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 245-252, August.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- Nicholas Crafts, 1999.
"East Asian Growth Before and After the Crisis,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(2), pages 2.
- Bruton, H.J., 1998. "A Reconsideration of Import Substitution," Center for Development Economics 156, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1990. "Symposium on the State and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 3-7, Summer.
- Grabowski, Richard, 1994. "The successful developmental state: Where does it come from?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 413-422, March.
- Wade, Robert, 1998. "The Asian debt-and-development crisis of 1997-?: Causes and consequences," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1535-1553, August.
- Christian Harm & Joshua Charap, 1999. "Institutionalized Corruption and the Kleptocratic State," IMF Working Papers 99/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- Hal Hill, 1999.
"Indonesia : The Strange and Sudden Death of a Tiger Economy,"
UP School of Economics Discussion Papers
199913, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Hal Hill, 2000. "Indonesia: The Strange and Sudden Death of a Tiger Economy," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 117-139.
- Peter Evans, 1998. "Transferable lessons? Re-examining the institutional prerequisites of East Asian economic policies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 66-86.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1991. "What Happened to Political Development?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 265-92, January.
- Henry J. Bruton, 1998. "A Reconsideration of Import Substitution," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 903-936, June.
- Syrquin, Moshe, 1988. "Patterns of structural change," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 203-273 Elsevier.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1992. "Political economy and development policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 329-336, April.
- Nicholas Snowden, 1999. "The international financial architecture after the Asian crisis: learning from Las Vegas?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 107-119.
- Roemer, M, 1996. "Could Asian Policies Propel African Growth?," Papers 543, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.