The Role of Capital Accumulation, Adjustment and Structural Change for Economic Take-Off: Empirical Evidence from African Growth Episodes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 29 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E Lucas, 1999.
"Making a Miracle,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2101, David K. Levine.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-98, March.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," NBER Working Papers 5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Romer, David & Weil, David N, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-37, May.
- Young, Alwyn, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-80, August.
- Paul Collier & Jan Willem Gunning, 1997.
"Explaining African economic performance,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1997-02.2, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Madani & Dorsati & Yang & Tzu-Han & Liang & Chi-Yuan, .
"Testing Endogenous Growth In South Korea And Taiwan,"
Department of Economics
97-16, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Madani, Dorsati & Yang, Tzu-Han & Liang, Chi-Yuan, 1999. "Testing endogenous growth in South Korea and Taiwan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 317-341, December.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Dorsati Madani & Tzu-Han Yang & Chi-Yuan Liang, 1997. "Testing Endogenous Growth in South Korea and Taiwan," NBER Working Papers 6028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Feenstra & Madani & Dorsati & Yang & Tzu-Han, and Liang, Chi-Yuan, 2003. "Testing Endogenous Growth In South Korea And Taiwan," Working Papers 9716, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Tybout, James R, 1992. "Linking Trade and Productivity: New Research Directions," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 189-211, May.
- Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1996.
"Sources of Slow Growth in African Economies,"
545, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Khalid Sekkat & Aristomène Varoudakis, 1998.
"Exchange-Rate Management and Manufactured Exports in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
OECD Development Centre Working Papers
134, OECD Publishing.
- Sekkat, Khalid & Varoudakis, Aristomene, 2000. "Exchange rate management and manufactured exports in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 237-253, February.
- Khalid Sekkat & Aristomene Varoudakis, 2000. "Exchange rate management and manufactured exports in Sub-Saharan Africa," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7342, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Amjadi, Azita & Yeats, Alexander J., 1995. "Have transport costs contributed to the relative decline of sub-Saharan African exports? Some preliminary empirical evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1559, The World Bank.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1997.
"Was Prometheus Unbound by Chance? Risk, Diversification, and Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 709-51, August.
- Daron Acemoglu & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 1994. "Was Prometheus unbound by chance? Risk, diversification and growth," Economics Working Papers 98, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1996. "Was Prometheus Unbound by Chance? Risk, Diversification and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1426, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2135, David K. Levine.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Development Report 1998," African Development Report, African Development Bank, number 15 edited by Adeleke Oluwole Salami, 7.
- Easterly, William & Levine, Ross, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-50, November.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- repec:imf:imfpdp:9806 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ludvig SÃ¶derling, 2002. "Escaping the Curse of Oil? The Case of Gabon," IMF Working Papers 02/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Gunter, Bernhard G., 2001.
"Does the HIPC Initiative Achieve its Goal of Debt Sustainability?,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bernhard G. Gunter, 2010. "Does the HIPC Initiative Achieve its Goal of Debt Sustainability?," Working Papers id:3205, eSocialSciences.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2012.
"From Flying Geese To Leading Dragons: New Opportunities and Strategies for Structural Transformation in Developing Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 3(4), pages 397-409, November.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 2011. "From flying Geese to leading Dragons : new opportunities and strategies for structural transformation in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5702, The World Bank.
- Chen, Shiyi & Jefferson, Gary H. & Zhang, Jun, 2011. "Structural change, productivity growth and industrial transformation in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 133-150, March.
- Amimo, Oliveira & Larson, Donald W. & Bittencourt, Mauricio V.L. & Graham, Douglas H., 2003. "The Potential For Financial Savings In Rural Mozambican Households," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25921, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Winford H. Masanjala, . "Initial Conditions, European Colonialism and Africa's Growth," Departmental Working Papers 2006-01, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.