Labor Shortages on Small Landholdings in Malawi: Implications for Policy Reforms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 27 (1999)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smale, Melinda, 1995. ""Maize is life": Malawi's delayed Green Revolution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 819-831, May.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, Paul B. & Jorgensen, Steen L., 1996. "Seeking guidelines for poverty reduction in rural Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1711-1723, November.
- Reardon, Thomas & Vosti, Stephen A., 1995. "Links between rural poverty and the environment in developing countries: Asset categories and investment poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1495-1506, September.
- Hanatani, Atsushi & Sato, Mine, 2011. "Assessing Effectiveness and Sustainability of Communitymanaged Informal Irrigation in Africa: A Comparative Institutional Analysis of “Temporary" Irrigation in Malawi," Working Papers 34, JICA Research Institute.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2000. "Property Rights Reform in Philippine Agriculture: Framework for Analysis and Review of Recent Experience," Discussion Papers DP 2000-29, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Mole, Paulo Nicua, 2000. "Smallholder Cashew Development Opportunities and Linkages to Food Security in Nampula Province, Mozambique: Summary of Findings and Implications for Policy, Research and Extension Efforts," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56043, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Holden, Stein, 2013. "Input subsidies and demand for improved maize: Relative prices and household heterogeneity matter!," CLTS Working Papers 6/13, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Holden, Stein, 2014. "Agricultural Household Models for Malawi:Household Heterogeneity, Market Characteristics, Agricultural Productivity, Input Subsidies, and Price Shocks. A Baseline Report," CLTS Working Papers 5/14, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Balgah, Roland Azibo & Buchenrieder, Gertrud, 2011. "Effects of Natural Shocks on Risk Behavior. Experimental Evidence from Cameroon," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114215, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dorward, Andrew, 0. "Conceptualising the Effects of Seasonal Financial Market Failures and Credit Rationing in Applied Rural Household Models," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 51.
- Droppelmann, Klaus & Makuwira, Jonathan & Kumwenda, Ian, 2012. "All eggs in one basket : A reflection on Malawiâ€™s dependence on agricultural growth strategy," IFPRI discussion papers 1177, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ellis, Frank & Kutengule, Milton & Nyasulu, Alfred, 2003. "Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1495-1510, September.
- Balgah, Roland Azibo & Buchenrieder, Gertrud, 0. "Natural Shocks and Risk Behavior: Experimental Evidence from Cameroon," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- Chibwana, Christopher & Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald, 2012. "Cropland Allocation Effects of Agricultural Input Subsidies in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 124-133.
- Harris, David & Orr, Alastair, 2014. "Is rainfed agriculture really a pathway from poverty?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 84-96.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, Paul B., 2003. "Measuring the impacts of agricultural research on poverty reduction," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Fisher, Monica & Chaudhury, Moushumi & McCusker, Brent, 2010. "Do Forests Help Rural Households Adapt to Climate Variability? Evidence from Southern Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1241-1250, September.
- Kondwani G. Munthali & Yuji Murayama, 2013. "Interdependences between Smallholder Farming and Environmental Management in Rural Malawi: A Case of Agriculture-Induced Environmental Degradation in Malingunde Extension Planning Area (EPA)," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(2), pages 158-175, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.