Making Negotiated Land Reform Work: Initial Experience from Colombia, Brazil and South Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 27 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abhijit Banerjee & Dilip Mookherjee & Kaivan Munshi & Debraj Ray, 1997. "Inequality, control Rights and Rent Seeking - A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Sugar Cooperatives in Maharashtra," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 80, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1989. "A study in resistance to institutional change: The lost game of Latin American land reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1397-1407, September.
- Karla Hoff & Andrew B. Lyon, 1994.
"Non-Leaky Buckets: Optimal Redistributive Taxation and Agency Costs,"
NBER Working Papers
4652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoff, Karla & Lyon, Andrew B., 1995. "Non-leaky buckets: Optimal redistributive taxation and agency costs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 365-390, November.
- Li, Hongyi & Squire, Lyn & Zou, Heng-fu, 1998.
"Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 26-43, January.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Heng-fu Zou, 1998. "Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 73, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Ray, Debraj, 1986. "Inequality as a Determinant of Malnutrition and Unemployment: Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(384), pages 1011-34, December.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Ray, Debraj, 1987. "Inequality as a Determinant of Malnutrition and Unemployment: Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(385), pages 177-88, March.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-98, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Moene, Karl Ove, 1992.
"Poverty and Landownership,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 52-64, March.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus, 1993. "South African land policy: The legacy of history and current options," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1451-1475, September.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Galor, Oded & Zeira, Joseph, 1988.
"Income Distribution and Macroeconomics,"
51644, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 1989.
- Otsuka, Keijiro, 1991. "Determinants and consequences of land reform implementation in the Philippines," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 339-355, April.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1978. "Rural Wages, Labor Supply, and Land Reform: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(5), pages 847-61, December.
- Barraclough, Solon L, 1970. "Agricultural Policy and Land Reform," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(4), pages 906-47, Part II, .
- Christine Valente, 2011.
"Household Returns to Land Transfers in South Africa: A Q-squared Analysis,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 354-376.
- Christine Valente, . "Household Returns to Land Transfers in South Africa: A Q-squared analysis," Discussion Papers 09/07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Bobrow-Strain, Aaron, 2004. "(Dis)Accords: The Politics of Market-Assisted Land Reforms in Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 887-903, June.
- Löfgren, Hans & Chulu, Osten & Sichinga, Osky & Simtowe, Franklin & Tchale, Hardwick & Teska, Ralph & Wobst, Peter, 2001. "External shocks and domestic poverty alleviation," TMD discussion papers 71, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ballesteros, Marife Magno & Llanto, Gilberto M., 2003. "Land Issues in Poverty Reduction Strategies and the Development Agenda: Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2003-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Bradstock, Alastair, 2005. "Changing livelihoods and land reform: Evidence from the Northern Cape province of South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1979-1992, November.
- Conning, Jonathan H. & Robinson, James A., 2007.
"Property rights and the political organization of agriculture,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 416-447, March.
- Jonathan Conning & James A. Robinson, 2005. "Property Rights and the Political Organization of Agriculture," Hunter College Department of Economics Working Papers 405, Hunter College: Department of Economics.
- Frederic Zimmerman & MICHAEL R. CARTER, .
"Asset Smoothing, Consumption Smoothing and the Reproduction for Inequality under Risk and Subsistence Constraints,"
Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers
402, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Carter, Michael R., 2003. "Asset smoothing, consumption smoothing and the reproduction of inequality under risk and subsistence constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 233-260, August.
- Albert Berry, 2002. "¿Colombia encontró por fin una reforma agraria que funcione?," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 4(6), pages 24-70, January-J.
- Gersbach, Hans & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2010.
"Land Reforms And Economic Development,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 527-547, September.
- Donaldson, John A., 2008. "Growth is Good for Whom, When, How? Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Exceptional Cases," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2127-2143, November.
- Ludewigs, Thomas & D'antona, Alvaro de Oliveira & Brondízio, Eduardo Sonnewend & Hetrick, Scott, 2009. "Agrarian Structure and Land-cover Change Along the Lifespan of Three Colonization Areas in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1348-1359, August.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2000. "Property Rights Reform in Philippine Agriculture: Framework for Analysis and Review of Recent Experience," Discussion Papers DP 2000-29, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Raffaella Castagnini & Klaus Deininger & Maria A. Gonzalez, 2004. "Comparing land reform and land markets in colombia: impacts on equity and efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3258, The World Bank.
- Simmons, Cynthia & Walker, Robert & Perz, Stephen & Aldrich, Stephen & Caldas, Marcellus & Pereira, Ritaumaria & Leite, Flavia & Fernandes, Luiz Claudio & Arima, Eugenio, 2010. "Doing it for Themselves: Direct Action Land Reform in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 429-444, March.
- Tomomi Tanaka, 2005. "Resource allocation with spatial externalities: Experiments on land consolidation," Experimental 0511004, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.