Borrowing from the IMF: The policy implications of recent empirical research
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 24 (1996)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Finch, C.D., 1989. "The Imf: The Record And The Prospect," Princeton Studies in International Economics 175, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Conway, Patrick, 1994. "IMF lending programs: Participation and impact," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 365-391, December.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1990. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Fund-Supported Adjustment Programs," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 195-231, June.
- Julio A. Santaella, 1995. "Four Decades of Fund Arrangements - Macroeconomic Stylized Facts Before the Adjustment Programs," IMF Working Papers 95/74, International Monetary Fund.
- Julio A. Santaella & Malcolm D. Knight, 1994. "Economic Determinants of Fund Financial Arrangements," IMF Working Papers 94/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Joyce, Joseph P., 1992. "The economic characteristics of IMF program countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 237-242, February.
- Tony Killick & Moazzam Malik & Marcus Manuel, 1992. "What Can We Know About the Effects of IMF Programmes?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 575-598, 09.
- Tony Killick & Moazzam Malik, 1992. "Country Experiences with IMF Programmes in the 1980s," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 599-632, 09.
- repec:imf:imfocp:41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Graham Bird, 1994. "The Myths and Realities of IMF Lending," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 759-778, 09.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2008.
"From Crisis to IMF-Supported Program: Does democracy impede the speed required by financial markets?,"
IMF Working Papers
08/276, International Monetary Fund.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2009. "From Crisis to IMF-Supported Program: Does Democracy Impede the Speed Required by Financial Markets?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 513, Central Bank of Chile.
- Andersen, Thomas Barnebeck & Harr, Thomas & Tarp, Finn, 2006.
"On US politics and IMF lending,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1843-1862, October.
- Joseph P. Joyce, 2001. "Time present and time past: a duration analysis of IMF program spells," Working Papers 01-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Bird, Graham & Rowlands, Dane, 2009. "Exchange Rate Regimes in Developing and Emerging Economies and the Incidence of IMF Programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1839-1848, December.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Halit Yanikkaya, 2003. "An Assessment of the Effectiveness of International Financial Intervention," Working Papers 03-05, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Carlos de Resende, 2007. "IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs: Welfare Implications and the Catalytic Effect," Working Papers 07-22, Bank of Canada.
- Butkiewicz, James L. & Yanikkaya, Halit, 2005. "The Effects of IMF and World Bank Lending on Long-Run Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 371-391, March.
- Reynaud, Julien & Vauday, Julien, 2009. "Geopolitics and international organizations: An empirical study on IMF facilities," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 139-162, May.
- Arpac, Ozlem & Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex, 2008. "Stop Interrupting: An Empirical Analysis of the Implementation of IMF Programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1493-1513, September.
- Bird, Graham & Hussain, Mumtaz & Joyce, Joseph P., 2004. "Many happy returns? Recidivism and the IMF," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 231-251, March.
- Omotunde E.G. JOHNSON, 2005. "Country Ownership Of Reform Programmes And The Implications For Conditionality," G-24 Discussion Papers 35, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Cull, Robert J., 1997. "Financial sector adjustment lending : a mid-course analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1804, The World Bank.
- Przeworski, Adam & Vreeland, James Raymond, 2000. "The effect of IMF programs on economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 385-421, August.
- Raymond Vreeland, James, 2002. "The Effect of IMF Programs on Labor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2005. "Bi-Polar Disorder: Exchange Rate Regimes, Economic Crises and the IMF," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0705, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.