Waiting for change: Adjustment and reform in Cuba
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1991. "Financial Control in the Transition from Classical Socialism to a Market Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 107-122, Fall.
- Krugman, Paul & Taylor, Lance, 1978.
"Contractionary effects of devaluation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 445-456, August.
- Stanley Fischer & Alan Gelb, 1991. "The Process of Socialist Economic Transformation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 91-105, Fall.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1992.
"Making Sense of the Soviet Trade Shock in Eastern Europe: A Framework and Some Estimates,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
705, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik, 1992. "Making Sense of the Soviet Trade Shock in Eastern Europe: A Framework and Some Estimates," NBER Working Papers 4112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arch Ritter, 1990. "The Cuban Economy in the 1990'S: External Challenges and Policy Imperatives," Carleton Economic Papers 90-03, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1990.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-93, September.
- Michael Bruno, 1994. "Stabilization and Reform in Eastern Europe: A Preliminary Evaluation," NBER Chapters, in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 1, pages 19-50 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joglekar, Gitanjali & Zimbalist, Andrew, 1989. "Dollar GDP per capita in Cuba : Estimates and observations on the use of the physical indicators method," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 85-114, March.
- White, Gordon, 1987. "Cuban planning in the mid-1980s: Centralization, decentralization, and participation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 153-161, January.
- Stanley Fischer, 1994. "Russia and the Soviet Union Then and Now," NBER Chapters, in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 1, pages 221-258 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zimbalist, Andrew & Eckstein, Susan, 1987. "Patterns of Cuban development: The first twenty-five years," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 5-22, January.
- Marshall, Jeffery H., 1998. "The political viability of free market experimentation in Cuba: Evidence from Los Mercados Agropecuarios," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 277-288, February.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 1998. "Assessing economic and social performance in the Cuban transition of the 1990s," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 857-876, May.
- M. March-Poquet, 2000. "What Type of Transition is Cuba Undergoing?," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 91-117.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.