Economic reform and smallholder agriculture in Tanzania: A discussion of recent market liberalization, road rehabilitation, and technology dissemination efforts
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coulson, Andrew, 1982. "Tanzania: A Political Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198282921, September.
- Ellis, Frank, 1982. "Agricultural price policy in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 263-283, April.
- Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Gunning, Jan Willem, 1990. "Peasants and Governments: An Economic Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286219, September.
- Putterman, Louis, 1990. "Village communities, cooperation, and inequality in Tanzania: Comments on Collier et al," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-153, January.
- Pauw, Kalie & Thurlow, James, 2010.
"Agricultural Growth, Poverty, and Nutrition in Tanzania,"
2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa
95974, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE) & Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2011. "Agricultural growth, poverty, and nutrition in Tanzania," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 795-804.
- Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Agricultural growth, poverty, and nutrition in Tanzania:," IFPRI discussion papers 947, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stepanek, Julie & Kelly, Valerie A. & Howard, Julie A., 1999. "From A Sasakawa Global 2000 Pilot Program To Sustained Increases In Agricultural Productivity: The Critical Role Of Government Policy In Fostering The Ethiopian Transition," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21674, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bert Meertens, 2000. "Agricultural performance in Tanzania under structural adjustment programs: Is it really so positive?," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 333-346, December.
- Mintz-Habib, Nazia, 2013. "Malaysian biofuels industry experience: A socio-political analysis of the commercial environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 88-100.
- Jayne, T.S. & Mather, David & Mghenyi, Elliot, 2010. "Principal Challenges Confronting Smallholder Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1384-1398, October.
- F. T. M. Kilima, 2006. "Are Price Changes in the World Market Transmitted to Markets in Less Developed Countries? A Case Study of Sugar, Cotton, Wheat, and Rice in Tanzania," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp160, IIIS.
- Jayne, T. S. & Jones, Stephen, 1997. "Food marketing and pricing policy in Eastern and Southern Africa: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1505-1527, September.
- Govereh, Jones & Jayne, T. S., 2003. "Cash cropping and food crop productivity: synergies or trade-offs?," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 39-50, January.
- Fan, Shenggen & Nyange, David & Rao, Neetha, 2005. "Public investment and poverty reduction in Tanzania," DSGD discussion papers 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vitale, Jeffrey D. & Bessler, David A., 2006. "The 2004 Niger Food Crisis: What Role Can Price Discovery Play in Famine Early Warning Systems?," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21316, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.