Increasing the benefits to smallholders from contract farming: Problems for farmers' organizations and policy makers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 15 (1987)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phil Simmons, 2002. "Overview of Smallholder Contract Farming in Developing Countries," Working Papers 02-04, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Suzuki, Aya & Jarvis, Lovell S. & Sexton, Richard J., 2011. "Partial Vertical Integration, Risk Shifting, and Product Rejection in the High-Value Export Supply Chain: The Ghana Pineapple Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1611-1623, September.
- Ramaswami, Bharat & Birthal, Pratap Singh & Joshi, P.K., 2006.
"Efficiency and distribution in contract farming: the case of Indian poultry growers,"
MTID discussion papers
91, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bharat Ramaswami & Pratap Singh Birthal & P.K. Joshi, 2005. "Efficiency and distribution in contract farming:The case of Indian poultry growers," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 05-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Mansur, Kasim & Tola, Mansur & Ationg, Romzi, 2009. "Contract Farming System: A Tool to Tranforming Rural Society in Sabah," MPRA Paper 13271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Sukhpal, 2002. "Contracting Out Solutions: Political Economy of Contract Farming in the Indian Punjab," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1621-1638, September.
- Tripp, Robert & Pal, Suresh, 2001. "The Private Delivery of Public Crop Varieties: Rice in Andhra Pradesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 103-117, January.
- Porter, Gina & Phillips-Howard[malt], Kevin, 1997. "Comparing contracts: An evaluation of contract farming schemes in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 227-238, February.
- Farrelly, Laura L., 1996. "Transforming Poultry Production and Marketing in Developing Countries: Lessons Learned with Implications for Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54687, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Sáenz-Segura, Fernando & D'Haese, Marijke & Schipper, Robert A., 2010. "A seasonal model of contracts between a monopsonistic processor and smallholder pepper producers in Costa Rica," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 10-20, January.
- Al-Hassan, Ramatu M. & Sarpong, Daniel Bruce & Mensah-Bonsu, Akwasi, 2007. "Linking smallholders to markets:," GSSP working papers 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- R. Albert Berry, 1998. "When do Agricultural Exports Help the Rural Poor? A Political-Economy Approach," Working Papers berry-98-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Kambewa, Emma & van der Lans, Ivo A.C.M. & van Trijp, J.C.M. & Ingenbleek, Paul T.M. & van Tilburg, Aad & van Boekel, Martinus A.J.S., 2007. "Restructuring international food chains: Building sustainable and all-inclusive food chains at the primary stages," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7905, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schipmann, Christin & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Supply chain differentiation, contract agriculture, and farmers’ marketing preferences: the case of sweet pepper in Thailand," Discussion Papers 108349, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.