How good is first best? Marginal cost and other pricing principles for user charging in transport
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transport Policy.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ray Rees, 1986. "Indivisibilities, pricing and investment: The case of the second best," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 195-210, December.
- Baumol, William J & Bradford, David F, 1970. "Optimal Departures from Marginal Cost Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 265-83, June.
- Verhoef, Erik & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1996. "Second-Best Congestion Pricing: The Case of an Untolled Alternative," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 279-302, November.
- Berninghaus, Siegfried K. & Ehrhart, Karl-Martin, 1998. "Time horizon and equilibrium selection in tacit coordination games: Experimental results," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 231-248, October.
- Schotter, Andrew & Schwodiauer, Gerhard, 1980. "Economics and the Theory of Games: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 479-527, June.
- S.C. Littlechild & G.F. Thompson, 1977. "Aircraft Landing Fees: A Game Theory Approach," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(1), pages 186-204, Spring.
- Williamson, Oliver E., 1989.
"Transaction cost economics,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,
in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 135-182
- Steven Tadelis & Oliver E.Williamson, 2012.
"Transaction Cost Economics
[The Handbook of Organizational Economics]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Steven Tadelis & Oliver E.Williamson, 2012. "Transaction Cost Economics
- Starrett, David A, 1978. "Marginal Cost Pricing of Recursive Lumpy Investments," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 215-27, June.
- Vieira, João & Moura, Filipe & Manuel Viegas, José, 2007. "Transport policy and environmental impacts: The importance of multi-instrumentality in policy integration," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 421-432, September.
- Nash, Chris, 2003. "Marginal cost and other pricing principles for user charging in transport: a comment," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 345-348, October.
- Gentile, Guido & Papola, Natale & Persia, Luca, 2005. "Advanced pricing and rationing policies for large scale multimodal networks," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(7-9), pages 612-631.
- Deb, Kaushik & Filippini, Massimo, 2011. "Estimating welfare changes from efficient pricing in public bus transit in India," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 23-31, January.
- Andersson, Henrik & Ögren, Mikael, 2006.
"Noise Charges in Railway Infrastructure: A Pricing Schedule Based on the Marginal Cost Principle,"
2006:4, Swedish National Road & Transport Research Institute (VTI).
- Andersson, Henrik & Ögren, Mikael, 2007. "Noise charges in railway infrastructure: A pricing schedule based on the marginal cost principle," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 204-213, May.
- Delucchi, Mark A., 2007. "Do motor-vehicle users in the US pay their way?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 982-1003, December.
- Iannone, Fedele, 2012. "The private and social cost efficiency of port hinterland container distribution through a regional logistics system," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1424-1448.
- Carmona, Miguel, 2010. "The regulatory function in public-private partnerships for the provision of transport infrastructure," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 110-125.
- Martin Koning, 2010. "The Social Cost of Road Congestion in Ile-de-France Region (and France): Empirical Evidences from the Paris Ring-Road," Working Papers halshs-00467888, HAL.
- Andersson, Henrik & Ögren, Mikael, 2007. "Noise Charges in Road Traffic: A Pricing Schedule Based on the Marginal Cost Principle," Working Papers 2007:15, Swedish National Road & Transport Research Institute (VTI), revised 17 Jun 2009.
- Wieland, Bernhard, 2006. "Special interest groups and 4th best transport pricing," Discussion Papers 1/2006, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
- Bernardino, João & Hrebícek, Zdenek & Marques, Carlos, 2010. "Applying social marginal cost pricing in rail PPPs: Present state, drawbacks and ways forward," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 59-73.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.