Introduction to special issue of Transportation Research Part B Modelling non-urban transport investment and pricing
AbstractThis special issue of Transportation Research Part B is concerned with the state of the art modelling approaches applied to transport infrastructure issues. Six papers have been included, utilizing either partial or general equilibrium models in order to develop economic assessments of large, inter-urban transport modes. The papers as a group highlight the importance of accounting for the market environment and competition among infrastructure providers, assessing economic and regional equity issues in a wider context, acknowledging the risks of misrepresentation of project benefits and reducing network dimensionality in order to assist the development of second opinions in cost-benefit analyses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part B: Methodological.
Volume (Year): 44 (2010)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DE BORGER, Bruno & DUNKERLEY, Fay & PROOST, Stef, 2006.
"Strategic investment and pricing decisions in a congested transport corridor,"
2006021, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- De Borger, B. & Dunkerley, F. & Proost, S., 2007. "Strategic investment and pricing decisions in a congested transport corridor," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 294-316, September.
- De Borger Bruno & Dunkerley Fay & Proost Stef, 2006. "Strategic investment and pricing decisions in a congested transport corridor," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0602, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Persson, Torsten, 1998. "Economic Policy and Special Interest Politics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 310-27, March.
- Knudsen, M.Aa. & Rich, J., 2013. "Ex post socio-economic assessment of the Oresund Bridge," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 53-65.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.