Recent directions in automobile demand modeling
AbstractWe identify seven areas in which recent research on auto demand has made significant progress. We discuss the importance of these areas in understanding and predicting auto demand and describe the methods that researchers have used to address them. Finally, we identify the issues that this research indicates require further investigation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part B: Methodological.
Volume (Year): 19 (1985)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dagsvik, John K. & Wennemo, Tom & Wetterwald, Dag G. & Aaberge, Rolf, 2002.
"Potential demand for alternative fuel vehicles,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 361-384, May.
- Karst Geurs & Henk Meurs, 2011. "The Dutch national road pricing scheme: review of appraisal studies and impacts for the Dutch car market and the environment," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1438, European Regional Science Association.
- Jan Rouwendal & John Pommer, 2004. "An Indirect Utility Model of Multiple Car Ownership and Use," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-085/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Martin, Elliott William, 2009. "New Vehicle Choice, Fuel Economy and Vehicle Incentives: An Analysis of Hybrid Tax Credits and the Gasoline Tax," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5gd206wv, University of California Transportation Center.
- Sa-ngasoongsong, Akkarapol & Bukkapatnam, Satish T.S. & Kim, Jaebeom & Iyer, Parameshwaran S. & Suresh, R.P., 2012. "Multi-step sales forecasting in automotive industry based on structural relationship identification," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 875-887.
- Kathleen W. Johnson, 1999. "Credit constraints, consumer leasing and the automobile replacement decision," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-68, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Martin, Elliot William, 2009. "New Vehicle Choices, Fuel Economy and Vehicle Incentives: An Analysis of Hybrid Tax Credits and Gasoline Tax," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt6sz198c2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Chen, Anning, 2011. "Reliable GPS Integer Ambiguity Resolution," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt9gs0t2f9, University of California Transportation Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.