Using gap sequences to estimate gap acceptance functions
AbstractTraditional gap acceptance functions have been estimated based on the first gap observed. In this paper we show that the critical gap of drivers is decreasing on the average, as they are waiting for an acceptable gap. Our gap acceptance function is based on a probit model which assumes a normal distribution of gaps across gaps and drivers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part B: Methodological.
Volume (Year): 15 (1981)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanghamitra Das & Charles F. Manski & Mark D. Manuszak, 2003.
"Walk or wait?: An empirical analysis of street crossing decisions,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
03-09, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Mark D. Manuszak & Charles F. Manski & Sanghamitra Das, 2005. "Walk or wait? An empirical analysis of street crossing decisions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 529-548.
- Mark Manuszak & Sanghamitra Das & Charles Manski, 2004. "Walk or Wait? An Empirical Analysis of Street Crossing Decisions," GSIA Working Papers 2003-41, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Brilon, Werner & Koenig, Ralph & Troutbeck, Rod J., 1999. "Useful estimation procedures for critical gaps," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 161-186, April.
- Awadallah, Faisal, 2009. "Intersection sight distance analysis and guidelines," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 143-150, August.
- Hagring, O., 2000. "Estimation of critical gaps in two major streams," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 293-313, May.
- Pollatschek, Moshe A. & Polus, Abishai & Livneh, Moshe, 2002. "A decision model for gap acceptance and capacity at intersections," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 649-663, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.