Congestion charges and retail revenues: Results from the Stockholm road pricing trial
AbstractThis paper studies the impact of the Stockholm road pricing trial on retail revenues. The analysis is performed using revenue data from 14 shopping malls, 9 within the tool area and 5 outside the tool area. The data also include revenue data from a sample of retail stores located along the main shopping streets in Stockholm. The results show that the Stockholm road pricing trial did not negatively affect retail revenue, neither in shopping malls nor in the sample of retail stores.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice.
Volume (Year): 43 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Quddus, Mohammed A. & Bell, Michael G.H. & Schmöcker, Jan-Dirk & Fonzone, Achille, 2007. "The impact of the congestion charge on the retail business in London: An econometric analysis," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 433-444, September.
- Bonsall, Peter & Young, William, 2010. "Is there a case for replacing parking charges by road user charges?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 323-334, September.
- Catherine Althaus & Lindsay M. Tedds & Allen McAvoy, 2011.
"The Feasibility of Implementing a Congestion Charge on the Halifax Peninsula: Filling the "Missing Link" of Implementation,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 37(4), pages 541-561, December.
- Althaus, Catherine & Tedds, Lindsay M & McAVoy, Allen, 2011. "The feasibility of implementing a congestion charge on the Halifax Peninsula: filling the 'Missing Link' of implementation," MPRA Paper 39790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reimers, Vaughan, 2013. "Convenience for the car-borne shopper: Are malls and shopping strips driving customers away?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 35-47.
- Börjesson, Maria & Eliasson, Jonas & Hugosson, Muriel & Brundell-Freij, Karin, 2012. "The Stockholm congestion charges – five years on. Effects, acceptability and lessons learnt," Working papers in Transport Economics 2012:3, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Danielis, Romeo & Maggi, Elena & Rotaris, Lucia & Valeri, Eva, 2012. "Urban supply chains and transportation policies," Working Papers 1207, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica, revised 2012.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Rudholm, Niklas & Rämme, Ulf, 2009.
"Congestion Charges in Stockholm: How Have They Affected Retail Revenues?,"
Ratio Working Papers
134, The Ratio Institute.
- Daunfeldt , Sven-Olov & Rudholm , Niklas & Rämme, Ulf, 2009. "Congestion Charges in Stockholm: How Have They Affected Retail Revenues?," HUI Working Papers 23, HUI Research.
- Rämme, Ulf & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Rudholm, Niklas, 2012. "Market reform and food prices: Did the 1912 Slaughterhouse Reform affect meat prices in Stockholm?," HUI Working Papers 79, HUI Research.
- Meland, Solveig & Tretvik, Terje & Welde, Morten, 2010. "The effects of removing the Trondheim toll cordon," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 475-485, November.
- Raux, Charles & Souche, Stéphanie & Pons, Damien, 2012. "The efficiency of congestion charging: Some lessons from cost–benefit analyses," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 85-92.
- Sathaye, Nakul & Harley, Robert & Madanat, Samer, 2010. "Unintended environmental impacts of nighttime freight logistics activities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 642-659, October.
- Tillema, Taede & van Wee, Bert & Ettema, Dick, 2010. "The influence of (toll-related) travel costs in residential location decisions of households: A stated choice approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 785-796, December.
- Caicedo, Felix & Diaz, Alejandra, 2013. "Case analysis of simultaneous concessions of parking meters and underground parking facilities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 358-378.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.