The economic impact of broadband on growth: A simultaneous approach
AbstractThis paper investigates how broadband penetration affects economic growth. A macroeconomic production function with a micro-model for broadband investment is used to estimate the impact of broadband infrastructure and growth. The results indicate a significant causal positive link especially when a critical mass of infrastructure is present. The scope of this research is 22 OECD countries based on data collected for the period 2002-2007.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Telecommunications Policy.
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 9 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- António Madureira & Nico Baken & Harry Bouwman, 2011. "Value of digital information networks: a holonic framework," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-30, April.
- Vahagn Jerbashian, 2011.
"The Telecommunications Industry and Economic Growth: How the Market Structure Matters,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c016_027, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Vahagn Jerbashian, 2011. "The Telecommunications Industry and Economic Growth: How the Market Structure Matters," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp431, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Kavetsos, Georgios & Koutroumpis, Pantelis, 2011. "Technological affluence and subjective well-being," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 742-753.
- Keesookpuna, Chutipong & Mitomob, Hitoshi, 2012. "A developmental framework for ICT and labour productivity in the developing country: A case study of Thailand," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60378, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Doğan, Pınar, 2012.
"Access pricing, competition, and incentives to migrate from “old” to “new” technology,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 713-723.
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Dogan, Pinar, 2011. "Access Pricing, Competition, and Incentives to Migrate from "Old" to "New" Technology," Working Paper Series rwp11-029, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Dogan, Pinar, 2011. "Access Pricing, Competition, and Incentives to Migrate From "Old" to "New" Technology," Scholarly Articles 5098425, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Stork, Christoph & Calandro, Enrico & Gillwald, Alison, 2012. "Internet going mobile: Internet access and usage in eleven African countries," 19th ITS Biennial Conference, Bangkok 2012: Moving Forward with Future Technologies - Opening a Platform for All 72503, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Keesookpuna, Chutipong & Mitomob, Hitoshi, 2011. "Examining the relationship of communication service utilisation and productivity of labour in the developing country: A case study of Thailand," 8th Asia-Pacific Regional ITS Conference, Taipei 2011: Convergence in the Digital Age 52329, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2010. "Regulatory Independence and Political Interference: Evidence from EU Mixed-Ownership Utilities’ Investment and Debt," Working Papers 2010.69, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Raul KATZ & Pantelis KOUTROUMPIS, 2012. "The Economic Impact of Telecommunications in Senegal," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 2(86), pages 21-42, 2nd quart.
- Shinohar, Sobee & Akematsu, Yuji & Tsuji, Masatsugu, 2012. "Migration factors among broadband services: Panel data analysis," 19th ITS Biennial Conference, Bangkok 2012: Moving Forward with Future Technologies - Opening a Platform for All 72543, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Bertschek, Irene & Cerquera, Daniel & Klein, Gordon J., 2013.
"More bits - more bucks? Measuring the impact of broadband internet on firm performance,"
DICE Discussion Papers
86, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Bertschek, Irene & Cerquera, Daniel & Klein, Gordon J., 2011. "More bits - more bucks? Measuring the impact of broadband internet on firm performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kumar, Ronald R., 2011. "Role of Financial and Technology Inclusion, Remittances and Exports vis-à-vis growth: A study of Nepal," MPRA Paper 38850, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 May 2012.
- repec:ieb:wpaper:2012/3/doc2012-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heger, Diana & Rinawi, Miriam & Veith, Tobias, 2011. "The effect of broadband infrastructure on entrepreneurial activities: The case of Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-081, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.