Beauty contest licensing lessons from the 3G process in Sweden
AbstractThis article provides a comprehensive overview of the economic context of the Third Generation Mobile Communication Licensing process carried out in Sweden. The discussion of the mobile licensing process has been very much centred on auctions. However, beauty contests to award UMTS-licences were implemented by a relatively large number of countries. This article investigates the implications of the beauty contest as the method for selecting 3G licence holders in Sweden. This study was prepared at the Stockholm School of Economics as part of a series of Telecommunication Case Studies produced at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Telecommunications Policy.
Volume (Year): 29 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luiz T. A. Maurer & Luiz A. Barroso, 2011. "Electricity Auctions : An Overview of Efficient Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2346, March.
- Koessler, Frédéric & Lambert-Mogiliansky, Ariane, 2013.
"Committing to transparency to resist corruption,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 117-126.
- Frédéric Koessler & Ariane Lambert-Mogiliansky, 2010. "Committing to transparency to resist corruption," Working Papers halshs-00564890, HAL.
- Estache, Antonio & Guasch, Jose-Luis & Iimi, Atsushi & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2008.
"Multidimensionality and renegotiation : evidence from transport-sector public-private-partnership transactions in Latin America,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4665, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Jose-Luis Guasch & Atsushi Iimi & Lourdes Trujillo, 2009. "Multidimensionality and Renegotiation: Evidence from Transport-Sector Public-Private-Partnership Transactions in Latin America," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 41-71, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.