A conjoint model of enhanced voice mail services. Implications for new service development and forecasting
AbstractDespite its absence in the literature, conjoint modeling can be a powerful tool for telecom policy and business decisions. Using this technique, we examined the US opportunity for a large number of network-based messaging services. Our model has successfully forecast US voice mail penetration and pricing levels from 1993 to present. The results demonstrate that, when properly applied, conjoint analysis yields: (1) accurate identification of consumer priorities and price sensitivities; (2) underlying benefits-based market segmentation; and (3) realistic, efficient demand forecasts for multiple market scenarios.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Telecommunications Policy.
Volume (Year): 21 (1997)
Issue (Month): 8 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Jongsu & Cho, Youngsang, 2009. "Demand forecasting of diesel passenger car considering consumer preference and government regulation in South Korea," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 420-429, May.
- Jongsu Lee & Jae Young Choi & Youngsang Cho, 2009. "A Forecast Simulation Analysis of the Next-Generation DVD Market Based on Consumer Preference Data," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200933, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2009.
- Krystallis, Athanasios & Ness, Mitchell, 2005. "Consumer Preferences for Quality Foods from a South European Perspective: A Conjoint Analysis Implementation on Greek Olive Oil," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 8(02).
- Ahn, Jiwoon & Jeong, Gicheol & Kim, Yeonbae, 2008. "A forecast of household ownership and use of alternative fuel vehicles: A multiple discrete-continuous choice approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2091-2104, September.
- Yeonbae Kim & Jeong-Dong Lee & Daeyoung Koh, 2005. "Effects of consumer preferences on the convergence of mobile telecommunications devices," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 817-826.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.