Testing unilateral versus bilateral normal contamination
AbstractThis letter proposes modeling a large collection of test statistics, such as may arise in microarray data analysis, using a mixture of three normal distributions: one with mean zero, one with nonnegative mean, and one with nonpositive mean. A convenient procedure is established for testing whether this three-component mixture may be reduced to a two-component mixture with one nonzero component mean.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher Genovese & Larry Wasserman, 2002. "Operating characteristics and extensions of the false discovery rate procedure," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(3), pages 499-517.
- Hongying Dai & Richard Charnigo, 2008. "Omnibus testing and gene filtration in microarray data analysis," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 31-47.
- Allison, David B. & Gadbury, Gary L. & Heo, Moonseong & Fernandez, Jose R. & Lee, Cheol-Koo & Prolla, Tomas A. & Weindruch, Richard, 2002. "A mixture model approach for the analysis of microarray gene expression data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-20, March.
- P. Li & J. Chen & P. Marriott, 2009. "Non-finite Fisher information and homogeneity: an EM approach," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(2), pages 411-426.
- Hanfeng Chen & Jiahua Chen & John D. Kalbfleisch, 2001. "A modified likelihood ratio test for homogeneity in finite mixture models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(1), pages 19-29.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.