Arbitrary initial values and random norm for explosive AR(1) processes generated by stationary errors
AbstractThis article is concerned with a broad class of explosive AR(1) models. Allowing stationary dependence on the error process, we do not restrict ourselves to independent and identically distributed errors. The model accommodates, as special cases, GARCH errors, AR(1) errors and Gaussian ARMA errors. The error distribution is permitted to be non-normal. To circumvent the effect of initial values, the limit distribution of the least squares estimate using a random norm (rather than a constant norm) is derived. It is shown that the limit distribution using a random norm is free from the initial value provided the error is symmetrically distributed about zero.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hwang, S.Y. & Kim, S. & Lee, S.D. & Basawa, I.V., 2007. "Generalized least squares estimation for explosive AR(1) processes with conditionally heteroscedastic errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(13), pages 1439-1448, July.
- S. Y. Hwang & I. V. Basawa, 2005. "Explosive Random-Coefficient AR(1) Processes and Related Asymptotics for Least-Squares Estimation," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(6), pages 807-824, November.
- Jeganathan, P., 1995. "Some Aspects of Asymptotic Theory with Applications to Time Series Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(05), pages 818-887, October.
- Hwang, S.Y. & Basawa, I.V., 2011. "Asymptotic optimal inference for multivariate branching-Markov processes via martingale estimating functions and mixed normality," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(6), pages 1018-1031, July.
- Monsour, Michael J. & Mikulski, Piotr W., 1998. "On limiting distributions in explosive autoregressive processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 141-147, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.