Estimation with left-truncated and right censored data: A comparison study
AbstractEstimation based on the left-truncated and right randomly censored data arising from a general family of distributions is considered. In the special case, when the random variables satisfy a proportional hazard model, the maximum likelihood estimators (MLEs) as well as the uniformly minimum variance unbiased estimators (UMVUEs) of the unknown parameters are obtained. Explicit expressions for the MLEs are obtained when the random variables follow an exponential distribution. In the latter case, three different estimators for the parameter of interest are proposed. These estimators are compared using the criteria of mean squared error (MSE) and Pitman measure of closeness (PMC). It is shown that shrinking does not always yield a better estimator.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nandi, Swagata & Dewan, Isha, 2010. "An EM algorithm for estimating the parameters of bivariate Weibull distribution under random censoring," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 1559-1569, June.
- Hwang, Yi-Ting & Wang, Chun-chao, 2008. "A goodness of fit test for left-truncated and right-censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(15), pages 2420-2425, October.
- Shen, Pao-sheng, 2009. "Hazards regression for length-biased and right-censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 457-465, February.
- Xiaodong Luo & Wei Yann Tsai, 2009. "Nonparametric estimation for right-censored length-biased data: a pseudo-partial likelihood approach," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(4), pages 873-886.
- Chiung-Yu Huang & Jing Qin, 2011. "Nonparametric estimation for length-biased and right-censored data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 98(1), pages 177-186.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.