Some geometric mixed integer-valued autoregressive (INAR) models
AbstractIn this paper, we introduce some mixed integer-valued autoregressive models of orders 1 and 2 with geometric marginal distributions, denoted by MGINAR(1) and MGINAR(2), using a mixture of the well-known binomial and the negative binomial thinning. The distributions of the innovation processes are derived and several properties of the model are discussed. Conditional least squares and Yule–Walker estimators are obtained, and some numerical results of the estimations are presented. A real-life data example is investigated to assess the performance of the models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rong Zhu & Harry Joe, 2006. "Modelling Count Data Time Series with Markov Processes Based on Binomial Thinning," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 725-738, 09.
- Christian Weiß, 2008. "Thinning operations for modeling time series of counts—a survey," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 319-341, August.
- A. Alzaid & M. Al-Osh, 1993. "Some autoregressive moving average processes with generalized Poisson marginal distributions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 223-232, June.
- Weiß, Christian H., 2008. "The combined INAR(p) models for time series of counts," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(13), pages 1817-1822, September.
- Haitao Zheng & Ishwar V. Basawa & Somnath Datta, 2006. "Inference for pth-order random coefficient integer-valued autoregressive processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 411-440, 05.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.