On weak dependence conditions: The case of discrete valued processes
AbstractWe investigate the relationship between weak dependence and mixing for discrete valued processes. We show that weak dependence implies mixing conditions under natural assumptions. The results specialize to the case of Markov processes. Several examples of integer valued processes are discussed and their weak dependence properties are investigated by means of a contraction principle. In fact, we show the stronger result that the mixing coefficients for infinite memory weakly dependent models decay geometrically fast. Hence, all integer values models that we consider have weak dependence coefficients which decay geometrically fast.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Doukhan, Paul & Wintenberger, Olivier, 2008. "Weakly dependent chains with infinite memory," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(11), pages 1997-2013, November.
- Dedecker, Jérôme & Doukhan, Paul, 2003. "A new covariance inequality and applications," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 63-80, July.
- Fokianos, Konstantinos & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2011. "Log-linear Poisson autoregression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 563-578, March.
- Haitao Zheng & Ishwar V. Basawa & Somnath Datta, 2006. "Inference for pth-order random coefficient integer-valued autoregressive processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 411-440, 05.
- Drost, F.C. & Akker, R. van den & Werker, B.J.M., 2008.
"Note on integer-valued bilinear time series models,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-347715, Tilburg University.
- Drost, Feike C. & van den Akker, Ramon & Werker, Bas J.M., 2008. "Note on integer-valued bilinear time series models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(8), pages 992-996, June.
- Drost, F.C. & Akker, R. van den & Werker, B.J.M., 2007. "Note on Integer-Valued Bilinear Time Series Models," Discussion Paper 2007-47, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- M. Kachour & L. Truquet, 2011. "A p‐Order signed integer‐valued autoregressive (SINAR(p)) model," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 223-236, 05.
- Doukhan, Paul & Louhichi, Sana, 1999. "A new weak dependence condition and applications to moment inequalities," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 313-342, December.
- Doukhan, Paul & Fokianos, Konstantinos & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2012. "On weak dependence conditions for Poisson autoregressions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(5), pages 942-948.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.