The Bahadur representation for kernel-type estimator of the quantile function under strong mixing and censored data
AbstractIn this paper, we consider the kernel-type estimator of the quantile function based on the kernel smoother under a censored dependent model. The Bahadur-type representation of the kernel smooth estimator is established, and from the Bahadur representation we can show that this estimator is strongly consistent.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoshihara, Ken-ichi, 1995. "The Bahadur representation of sample quantiles for sequences of strongly mixing random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 299-304, September.
- Sen, Pranab Kumar, 1972. "On the Bahadur representation of sample quantiles for sequences of [phi]-mixing random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 77-95, March.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1997. "Additive Nonlinear ARX Time Series and Projection Estimates," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 214-252, April.
- Fotopoulos, S. B. & Ahn, S. K., 1994. "Strong Approximation of the Quantile Processes and Its Applications under Strong Mixing Properties," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 17-45, October.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1971. "A General Definition of the Lorenz Curve," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(6), pages 1037-39, November.
- Szeman Tse, 2005. "Quantile process for left truncated and right censored data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 61-69, March.
- Yu, Hao, 1996. "A note on strong approximation for quantile processes of strong mixing sequences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-7, September.
- Xiang, X. J., 1995. "Bahadur Representation of the Kernel Quantile Estimator under Random Censorship," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 193-209, August.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.