Estimating the inter-arrival time density of Markov renewal processes under structural assumptions on the transition distribution
AbstractWe consider a stationary Markov renewal process whose inter-arrival time density depends multiplicatively on the distance between the past and present state of the embedded chain. This is appropriate when the jump size is governed by influences that accumulate over time. Then we can construct an estimator for the inter-arrival time density that has the parametric rate of convergence. The estimator is a local von Mises statistic. The result carries over to the corresponding semi-Markov process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glen, Andrew G. & Leemis, Lawrence M. & Drew, John H., 2004. "Computing the distribution of the product of two continuous random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 451-464, January.
- Marco Raberto & Enrico Scalas & Francesco Mainardi, 2004.
"Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study,"
- Raberto, Marco & Scalas, Enrico & Mainardi, Francesco, 2002. "Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 314(1), pages 749-755.
- M. Raberto & E. Scalas & F. Mainardi, 2002. "Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study," Papers cond-mat/0203596, arXiv.org.
- Meerschaert, Mark M. & Scalas, Enrico, 2006.
"Coupled continuous time random walks in finance,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 114-118.
- Schick Anton & Wefelmeyer Wolfgang, 2009. "Non-standard behavior of density estimators for sums of squared observations," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 27(1), pages 55-73, November.
- Zudi Lu, 2001. "Asymptotic Normality of Kernel Density Estimators under Dependence," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 447-468, September.
- Anton Schick & Wolfgang Wefelmeyer, 2008. "Root-n consistency in weighted L 1 -spaces for density estimators of invertible linear processes," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 281-310, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.