Some new stochastic comparisons for redundancy allocations in series and parallel systems
AbstractThis note studies the allocation of an active redundant component in a series system. We mainly conduct a stochastic comparison between random lives of a series system with two components under two allocation choices. The case with a standby redundancy and when the system is parallel are discussed as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 78 (2008)
Issue (Month): 18 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arcones M. A. & Kvam P. H. & Samaniego F. J., 2002. "Nonparametric Estimation of a Distribution Subject to a Stochastic Precedence Constraint," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 170-182, March.
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005.
"Log-concave probability and its applications,"
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, 08.
- Valdés, José E. & Zequeira, Rómulo I., 2003. "On the optimal allocation of an active redundancy in a two-component series system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 325-332, July.
- Valdés, José E. & Arango, Gerardo & Zequeira, Romulo I. & Brito, Gerandy, 2010. "Some stochastic comparisons in series systems with active redundancy," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(11-12), pages 945-949, June.
- Belzunce, Félix & Martínez-Puertas, Helena & Ruiz, José M., 2013. "On allocation of redundant components for systems with dependent components," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(3), pages 573-580.
- Misra, Amit Kumar & Misra, Neeraj, 2011. "A note on active redundancy allocations in k-out-of-n systems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(10), pages 1518-1523, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.