Some new stochastic comparisons for redundancy allocations in series and parallel systems
AbstractThis note studies the allocation of an active redundant component in a series system. We mainly conduct a stochastic comparison between random lives of a series system with two components under two allocation choices. The case with a standby redundancy and when the system is parallel are discussed as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 78 (2008)
Issue (Month): 18 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Valdés, José E. & Zequeira, Rómulo I., 2003. "On the optimal allocation of an active redundancy in a two-component series system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 325-332, July.
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005.
"Log-concave probability and its applications,"
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, 08.
- Arcones M. A. & Kvam P. H. & Samaniego F. J., 2002. "Nonparametric Estimation of a Distribution Subject to a Stochastic Precedence Constraint," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 170-182, March.
- Belzunce, Félix & Martínez-Puertas, Helena & Ruiz, José M., 2013. "On allocation of redundant components for systems with dependent components," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(3), pages 573-580.
- Valdés, José E. & Arango, Gerardo & Zequeira, Romulo I. & Brito, Gerandy, 2010. "Some stochastic comparisons in series systems with active redundancy," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(11-12), pages 945-949, June.
- Misra, Amit Kumar & Misra, Neeraj, 2011. "A note on active redundancy allocations in k-out-of-n systems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(10), pages 1518-1523, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.