Hausdorff moment problem: Reconstruction of probability density functions
AbstractThe problem of recovering a moment-determinate probability density function (pdf) from its moments is studied. The proposed construction provides a method for recovery of different pdfs via simple transformations of the moment sequences. Uniform and L1-rates of convergence of moment-recovered pdfs are obtained. Finally, some applications and examples are briefly discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 78 (2008)
Issue (Month): 13 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mnatsakanov, Robert M., 2008. "Hausdorff moment problem: Reconstruction of distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(12), pages 1612-1618, September.
- Gwo Dong Lin, 1997. "On the moment problems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 85-90, August.
- Chen, Song Xi, 1999. "Beta kernel estimators for density functions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 131-145, August.
- Mnatsakanov, Robert M., 2011. "Moment-recovered approximations of multivariate distributions: The Laplace transform inversion," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Mnatsakanov, Robert & Sarkisian, Khachatur, 2012. "Varying kernel density estimation on R+," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(7), pages 1337-1345.
- Mnatsakanov, Robert M. & Li, Shengqiao, 2013. "The Radon transform inversion using moments," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 936-942.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.