The Bahadur representation for sample quantiles under weak dependence
AbstractIn this paper, we give a Bahadur representation of sample quantiles based on strongly mixing random variables under polynomially decaying rate. Our results extend Theorems 1 and 2 of Yoshihara [1995. The Bahadur representation of sample quantile for sequences of strongly mixing random variables. Statist. Probab. Lett. 24, 299-304].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 76 (2006)
Issue (Month): 12 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Babu, Gutti Jogesh & Singh, Kesar, 1978. "On deviations between empirical and quantile processes for mixing random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 532-549, December.
- Yoshihara, Ken-ichi, 1995. "The Bahadur representation of sample quantiles for sequences of strongly mixing random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 299-304, September.
- Sharipov, Olimjon Sh. & Wendler, Martin, 2013. "Normal limits, nonnormal limits, and the bootstrap for quantiles of dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 83(4), pages 1028-1035.
- Escanciano, Juan Carlos & Pei, Pei, 2012.
"Pitfalls in backtesting Historical Simulation VaR models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2233-2244.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano & Pei Pei, 2012. "Pitfalls in Backtesting Historical Simulation VaR Models," Caepr Working Papers, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington 2012-003, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Qinchi Zhang & Wenzhi Yang & Shuhe Hu, 2014. "On Bahadur representation for sample quantiles under Î±-mixing sequence," Statistical Papers, Springer, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 285-299, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.