A note on comparisons among coherent systems with dependent components using signatures
AbstractWe extend some ordering properties for coherent systems with independent and identically distributed components given by Kochar et al. (Naval Res. Logist. 46 (1999) 507) to coherent systems with (possibly) dependent components by using the concept of Samaniego's signatures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1995. "Bounds for order statistics based on dependent variables with given nonidentical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 351-358, June.
- Papadatos, Nickos, 2001. "Distribution and expectation bounds on order statistics from possibly dependent variates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 21-31, August.
- Hu, Taizhong & Hu, Jinjin, 1998. "Comparison of order statistics between dependent and independent random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Shaked, Moshe & Suarez-Llorens, Alfonso, 2003. "On the Comparison of Reliability Experiments Based on the Convolution Order," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 693-702, January.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1994. "Distributions and expectations of order statistics for possibly dependent random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 31-42, January.
- Serkan Eryılmaz, 2013. "On residual lifetime of coherent systems after the rth failure," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 243-250, February.
- da Costa Bueno, Vanderlei, 2013. "A multistate monotone system signature," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(11), pages 2583-2591.
- Jorge Navarro & Pedro Hernandez, 2008. "Mean residual life functions of finite mixtures, order statistics and coherent systems," Metrika, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 277-298, April.
- Asadi, Majid & Berred, Alexandre, 2012. "On the number of failed components in a coherent operating system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(12), pages 2156-2163.
- Marichal, Jean-Luc & Mathonet, Pierre & Waldhauser, Tamás, 2011. "On signature-based expressions of system reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(10), pages 1410-1416, November.
- Jorge Navarro & Jose Ruiz & Carlos Sandoval, 2008. "Properties of systems with two exchangeable Pareto components," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 177-190, April.
- Eryilmaz, Serkan, 2011. "The behavior of warm standby components with respect to a coherent system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1319-1325, August.
- Hon Ng & Jorge Navarro & Narayanaswamy Balakrishnan, 2012. "Parametric inference from system lifetime data under a proportional hazard rate model," Metrika, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 367-388, April.
- Parvardeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N., 2013. "Conditional residual lifetimes of coherent systems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(12), pages 2664-2672.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.