A note on comparisons among coherent systems with dependent components using signatures
AbstractWe extend some ordering properties for coherent systems with independent and identically distributed components given by Kochar et al. (Naval Res. Logist. 46 (1999) 507) to coherent systems with (possibly) dependent components by using the concept of Samaniego's signatures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Papadatos, Nickos, 2001. "Distribution and expectation bounds on order statistics from possibly dependent variates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 21-31, August.
- Shaked, Moshe & Suarez-Llorens, Alfonso, 2003. "On the Comparison of Reliability Experiments Based on the Convolution Order," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 693-702, January.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1995. "Bounds for order statistics based on dependent variables with given nonidentical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 351-358, June.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1994. "Distributions and expectations of order statistics for possibly dependent random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 31-42, January.
- Hu, Taizhong & Hu, Jinjin, 1998. "Comparison of order statistics between dependent and independent random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Eryilmaz, Serkan, 2011. "The behavior of warm standby components with respect to a coherent system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1319-1325, August.
- Asadi, Majid & Berred, Alexandre, 2012. "On the number of failed components in a coherent operating system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(12), pages 2156-2163.
- Jorge Navarro & Jose Ruiz & Carlos Sandoval, 2008. "Properties of systems with two exchangeable Pareto components," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 177-190, April.
- Jorge Navarro & Pedro Hernandez, 2008. "Mean residual life functions of finite mixtures, order statistics and coherent systems," Metrika, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 277-298, April.
- Hon Ng & Jorge Navarro & Narayanaswamy Balakrishnan, 2012. "Parametric inference from system lifetime data under a proportional hazard rate model," Metrika, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 367-388, April.
- Marichal, Jean-Luc & Mathonet, Pierre & Waldhauser, Tamás, 2011. "On signature-based expressions of system reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(10), pages 1410-1416, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.