Elliptical triangular arrays in the max-domain of attraction of Hüsler-Reiss distribution
AbstractLet be a triangular array of independent bivariate elliptical random vectors. Hüsler and Reiss (1989. Statist. Probab. Lett. 7, 283-286) show that for the particular case that the array is Gaussian, the maxima of this array is in the max-domain of attraction of Hüsler-Reiss distribution function, provided that an asymptotic condition holds for the correlation corr(Un1,Vn1). In this paper we obtain a similar result for the more general case of elliptical triangular arrays.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hüsler, Jürg & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 1989. "Maxima of normal random vectors: Between independence and complete dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 283-286, February.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2006. "On the multivariate Hüsler-Reiss distribution attracting the maxima of elliptical triangular arrays," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(18), pages 2027-2035, December.
- Opitz, T., 2013. "Extremal t processes: Elliptical domain of attraction and a spectral representation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 409-413.
- Frick, Melanie & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 2013. "Expansions and penultimate distributions of maxima of bivariate normal random vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(11), pages 2563-2568.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2005. "Extremes of asymptotically spherical and elliptical random vectors," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 285-302, June.
- Frick, Melanie & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 2010. "Limiting distributions of maxima under triangular schemes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2346-2357, November.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd & Weng, Zhichao, 2013. "Limit laws for extremes of dependent stationary Gaussian arrays," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 320-330.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2006. "A novel class of bivariate max-stable distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(10), pages 1047-1055, May.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2008. "Tail asymptotic results for elliptical distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 158-164, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.