Some theory and the construction of mixed-level supersaturated designs
AbstractSupersaturated design is a form of fractional factorial design and has recently received much interest because of its potential in factor screening experiments. This paper mainly concerns the existing criteria for mixed-level designs, i.e. the [chi]2(D) criterion (for design D) proposed by Yamada and Matsui (J. Statist. Plann. Inference 104 (2002) 459), the E(fNOD) criterion proposed by Fang et al. (Metrika 58 (2003b) 279) and the minimum moment aberration (MMA) proposed by Xu (Statist. Sinica 13 (2003) 691). A lower bound of [chi]2(D) is obtained along with the sufficient and necessary condition for achieving it. The connections between [chi]2(D) and other criteria are discussed. Especially, it is shown that [chi]2(D) and the second power moment K2(D) are in fact equivalent to each other and hence the two criteria, [chi]2(D) and MMA, share the same optimal supersaturated designs, which can be constructed from saturated orthogonal arrays and other supersaturated designs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 69 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fred J. Hickernell, 2002. "Uniform designs limit aliasing," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(4), pages 893-904, December.
- Kai-Tai Fang & Dennis K. J. Lin & Min-Qian Liu, 2003. "Optimal mixed-level supersaturated design," Metrika, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 279-291, December.
- Yamada, Shu & Lin, Dennis K. J., 1999. "Three-level supersaturated designs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 31-39, October.
- Gupta, V.K. & Singh, Poonam & Kole, Basudev & Parsad, Rajender, 2009. "Construction of efficient unbalanced mixed-level supersaturated designs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(22), pages 2359-2366, November.
- Chen, Jie & Liu, Min-Qian, 2008. "Optimal mixed-level supersaturated design with general number of runs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(15), pages 2496-2502, October.
- Yan Liu & Min-Qian Liu, 2012. "Construction of equidistant and weak equidistant supersaturated designs," Metrika, Springer, vol. 75(1), pages 33-53, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.