Some theory and the construction of mixed-level supersaturated designs
AbstractSupersaturated design is a form of fractional factorial design and has recently received much interest because of its potential in factor screening experiments. This paper mainly concerns the existing criteria for mixed-level designs, i.e. the [chi]2(D) criterion (for design D) proposed by Yamada and Matsui (J. Statist. Plann. Inference 104 (2002) 459), the E(fNOD) criterion proposed by Fang et al. (Metrika 58 (2003b) 279) and the minimum moment aberration (MMA) proposed by Xu (Statist. Sinica 13 (2003) 691). A lower bound of [chi]2(D) is obtained along with the sufficient and necessary condition for achieving it. The connections between [chi]2(D) and other criteria are discussed. Especially, it is shown that [chi]2(D) and the second power moment K2(D) are in fact equivalent to each other and hence the two criteria, [chi]2(D) and MMA, share the same optimal supersaturated designs, which can be constructed from saturated orthogonal arrays and other supersaturated designs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 69 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fred J. Hickernell, 2002. "Uniform designs limit aliasing," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(4), pages 893-904, December.
- Yamada, Shu & Lin, Dennis K. J., 1999. "Three-level supersaturated designs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 31-39, October.
- Kai-Tai Fang & Dennis K. J. Lin & Min-Qian Liu, 2003. "Optimal mixed-level supersaturated design," Metrika, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 279-291, December.
- Yan Liu & Min-Qian Liu, 2012. "Construction of equidistant and weak equidistant supersaturated designs," Metrika, Springer, vol. 75(1), pages 33-53, January.
- Gupta, V.K. & Singh, Poonam & Kole, Basudev & Parsad, Rajender, 2009. "Construction of efficient unbalanced mixed-level supersaturated designs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(22), pages 2359-2366, November.
- Chen, Jie & Liu, Min-Qian, 2008. "Optimal mixed-level supersaturated design with general number of runs," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(15), pages 2496-2502, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.