Estimating the endpoint of a distribution in the presence of additive observation errors
AbstractWe consider the problem of estimating the endpoint of a probability distribution in the presence of observation errors, when the available sample is drawn from the convolution with some error density. We study the cases of Gaussian errors and errors with bounded support, and propose estimators that are optimal in a minimax sense.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardle, W. & Park, B. U. & Tsybakov, A. B., 1995. "Estimation of Non-sharp Support Boundaries," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 205-218, November.
- Hall, P. & Simar, L., 2000.
"Estimating a Changepoint, Boundary of Frontier in the Presence of Observation Error,"
0012, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Hall P. & Simar L., 2002. "Estimating a Changepoint, Boundary, or Frontier in the Presence of Observation Error," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 523-534, June.
- Kneip, Alois & Park, Byeong U. & Simar, L opold, 1998. "A Note On The Convergence Of Nonparametric Dea Estimators For Production Efficiency Scores," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(06), pages 783-793, December.
- Hall, Peter & Nussbaum, Michael & Stern, Steven E., 1997. "On the Estimation of a Support Curve of Indeterminate Sharpness," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 204-232, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.